Petty Annoyances

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Supremo said:

I was going to make a joke about parroting Fin Martin but I couldn’t remember who it was he had that mad, irrational hatred for. Was it Triple H or Cena?

The latter. And still does. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we found out one day he was @C-Rock

• Paid Members

Brilliant. He must be delighted Cena’s transitioned into movies, then. I’m forever fascinated by what those, “Cena Sux~!” whoppers must think now he’s gone and left the most gaping hole imaginable.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Meej81 said:

When the rules are not adhered to or conveniently forgotten when a storyline demands it 

On the opposite side of things, when the rules are strictly enforced when a storyline demands it (Moustache Mountain vs Undisputed Era, for example).

I have one. Retro-styled merchandise that uses photos that aren't anachronisms. For example:

Wrestlemania 12 Bret Hart & Shawn Michaels Wrestling Glossy Art ...

Neither the photo of Bret nor the photo of Michaels is from the time period in which the match took place (1996). 

2 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Yes! There’s a Chalk Line jacket of SummerSlam 1997, but the picture of Undertaker on it is from about 2016.

Had to look up some of their stuff and spotted this Hogan jacket with retro Hulkamania and Hulk Hogan logos, the WWF/WWE block style logo on the front, a picture of Hogan tearing off his shirt from 1992 and a picture of Hogan wearing a WCW branded shirt from 1999 🙄

Zoom image

On 5/28/2020 at 10:33 AM, Roy said:

Neither the photo of Bret nor the photo of Michaels is from the time period in which the match took place (1996). 

Even worse than retro-style merchandise like that one, it has happened on advertising for current ppv events too.

Undertaker cut the long hair in 2011/2012, wrestled numerous matches with a skinhead from 2012 through to 2014, then was growing it out a bit by WrestleMania 31 in 2015.

This 4 year old photo of The Deadman was then the advertising for SummerSlam 2015 for some reason.

sslam15.jpg

• Paid Members

When Bret Hart 'quit' Raw that time and stormed out through the crowd and he kept saying "World Wrestling Federation Championship belt". That promo would have been half as long if he'd just said "Title".