Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Super early days but in the press conference they said that they have estimated that it is possibly up to 70 times more transmissible. Not sure what that's based on though..

I believe it was 70 percent more transmissible rather than 70 times.

1 hour ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

I live alone, but i also look after my 2 year old nephew 2 days a week, have done for the past year (except for lockdown 1) and basically most of his life. Since they've moved into their own place my mother now lives alone again also. But she also looks after my nephew regularly (having lived him his entire life until a couple of weeks ago). As far as i gather that classes myself and my mother as part of their "support bubble", no?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/making-a-childcare-bubble-with-another-household

Sorry dude but the ‘guidance’ says there should only be 1 childcare bubble and that bubble should only be used for childcare, not meeting up. I guess either you or your mum could be a support bubble (as opposed to a childcare bubble) if you’re living alone, however one of you will then be alone for sure. 

I don’t think you would be ‘cunts’ for visiting each other. It’s a very difficult time and you have to weigh up the risks for your family. I wouldn’t worry about what other people think as most people won’t give a shit about you and yours and quite a lot of families will be visiting each other regardless. Hope you can find something suitable for you all. 

Cheers for the responses, appreciated. I think i confused matters myself a bit there on the childcare/support bubble front with my wording. My mother was only looking after him regularly as lived under the same roof, hasn't since but as i say that's only 2 weeks. They'd all been under the same roof prior and my Mum living alone those 2 weeks. Guess 2 weeks is considerable when we're talking rate of spread though, so renders that point irrelevant. Cheers again!

• Awards Moderator
38 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Someone better not take the last Biscoff cheesecake before I get there.

My local burger joint have started doing a Biscoff cheesecake milkshake JB. I'll send a care package.

Can't think of the right thread so this seems the most relevant, but just found out my local council are giving everyone who receives help with their Council Tax (not sure about other benefits) a £40 Tesco voucher.

It might be worth checking with your local council if they are doing it and if you or someone you know could be eligible as thats a bit off the Christmas shopping isn't it?

Edited by SuperBacon

Rather confusingly the government advice is that you can travel to work. The Health Secretary's advice is that you should act as if you already have Covid. 

Not quite sure you should still be travelling to work if you've got to act as if you already have Covid.