General Erection 2019

Gus Mears

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Johnson now coming out with scrapping the license fee despite not being able to touch it until 2027 is just the sort of shitty tactic to take away from him looking like a bellend taking that reporters phone away. You just know whats making the headline news.

I feel a sense of dread about this on Thursday. I just know he's going to walk in with a majority.

• Paid Members

The ovation he gets at the end is like Hogan/Rock levels of noise. Just listen to it. Sorry to link to my own tweet, but I’ve uploaded the clip myself so couldn’t find it elsewhere

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

1 hour ago, Factotum said:

I feel a sense of dread about this on Thursday. I just know he's going to walk in with a majority.

Tories advertising on my youtube app homescreen warning about the dangers of a hung parliament, so I think that tells you how confident they are of getting a majority. Also, in the last week or so, from what I've read, they've started spending more of their resources on defending their own marginals, rather than attacking Lab/Lib held marginals.

God, I'm going to be so burned on Friday morning. That England cricket feeling.

Anyway, back to some policies. Have we mentioned page 48 of the tory manifesto yet? The bit where they say they're going to do away with the powers of the judiciary to stop the government breaking the law? As well as "reshaping" the human rights act, presumably because the plebs have got too many as it stands.

4 hours ago, Factotum said:

Johnson now coming out with scrapping the license fee despite not being able to touch it until 2027 is just the sort of shitty tactic to take away from him looking like a bellend taking that reporters phone away. You just know whats making the headline news.

It's their classic dead cat strategy, and it's frighteningly effective.

My brother is very senior at the Beeb and he's not fussed this so I tend not to worry.