Sign in to follow this  
Gus Mears

General Erection 2019

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both my mental and dental health aren't doing well from this - I find myself grinding my teeth in sheer anger a lot more at the moment.

7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Does anyone just find all of this utterly draining? My MH has taken a fucking nosedive this last month (hate this time of year as it is and my sunlight lamp is broke) and all of this is just really overwhelming.

I’d like to switch off from it all and just not care, but that’s not a choice is it really? Thursday night/Friday morning I’ll be sat watching it all when I should just be watching Back To The Future. 

Sorry, nothing to add on the GE but just wanted to know if anyone else shared this.

Yeah, I'm burned out. I'm a politics nerd, both current affairs and historical, across multiple countries, it occupies a major part of my brain, and the last year or so is the first time that I've just completely started tuning it out. There was a point a month or two ago where I actually forgot Boris Johnson was the Prime Minister, because I just wasn't engaging with the outside world any more.

The general election has got me switched back on, and following what's going on, and trying to be as engaged as I can, but in a completely different way to how I normally approach an election. I don't think I have a shred of optimism in me about the result, or even any real curiosity around it. Most years I would stay up watching the coverage as it happens, and I cannot remotely see myself doing that this year at all. 

On top of that, I don't live in the UK any more, and don't have a vote, so in theory I'm not directly affected, though I absolutely will be whatever happens. But my family still all live in England, as does my other half, and I'm starting to make plans to move back there myself. So there's a lot of anxiety, coupled with whatever happens around Brexit, about exactly what the country I'm hopefully moving back to might look like. 

26 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Yeah I'm feeling the fatigue for sure. Right now I can't even be arsed to stay up watching it but I know I will end up doing so on Thursday anyway.

Absolutely. I'll just wake up Friday morning to accept the bad news and move on.

I usually love pulling an all nighter on election nights and the twists and turns that occur as the night goes on. But I've got a feeling that this year I'll just watch until the inital exit polls are announced and chuck in the towel and go to sleep. Maybe if the exit poll shows that the result is very close or it looks certain that the Tory wankers wont get the majority it looks like they will get, then may say fuck it, load up on the coffe, order a few kebabs and tune in for the full coverage though.

Arsed staying up all night only to see the most depressingly predictible and inevitable result at the end of it all. 

I'll leave that for Mania.

1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

Arsed staying up all night only to see the most depressingly predictible and inevitable result at the end of it all. 

I'll leave that for Mania.

Will we get a backstage comedy segment with past PM's on Thursday?

20 minutes ago, Edgehead said:

Will we get a backstage comedy segment with past PM's on Thursday?

Prescott to win the gimmick battle Royal. 

I don’t think Johnson gives a fuck if he makes the country crash out, sells off the NHS and makes the tories toxic to the point of being ousted for years. He cares about himself, he and his family and fuck knows how many children will all be sound and he doesn’t give a fuck about us lot. He isn’t thinking long term, he’s thinking about now. Much like Cameron, he’s held the top job and that’s all that matters. People who aren’t used to being told no don’t think about the long term. 

Speaking of Johnson and crashing 

was Chris Morris involved?

My election day has been planned in great detail.

Go to work.

Go vote after work.

Watch Ash Vs. The Evil Dead on Netflix. No internet or news.

Go to bed.

Deal with reality when I get up for work.

Drink heavily on the weekend regardless of result. And I'm not even a big drinker.

Add me to the list of people that is mentally feeling the effects of current politics. Haven't been this miserable in years.

At least we’re suffering in solidarity. Can we have a live chat on Thursday?

Add me to the list of those massively fatigued by this. Three general elections and an EU referendum in 5 years is bad enough, even worse given the results have all been shit.