General Erection 2019

Gus Mears

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

So according to Soapdish, the food bank using, impoverished bottom rung of society get all their news from The Scum and vote Tory? Seem's like the sort of thing a certain political party would want you to think.

You’re right. I have made a sweeping generalisation based on people on my social media, the things they have said and shared. I’ll own the shitness of this because it hadn’t occurred to me and I can see how stupid I was in saying it. 

Also I hope I’m wrong. I don’t trust polls, but I’m so stressed about this election. I’m blessed we’re not in a position to need to use a food bank, but we have suffered with the cuts made locally to our social care and I fear with not only a Tory government but with Brexit on top, that things will get worse. No election has ever bothered me this much and it’s getting to me

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Just did the policies not people thing. 50% Lib Dem, 25% Green, 25% Tory.

It's the first time Tory has ever appeared on one of these for me, the wife thinks her family must be having an effect on me.

I have just done it now after you reminded me it exists. Not massively surprised by my results, tbh. 

Screenshot_20191208-221044_Chrome.thumb.jpg.028a93113a46fd85cd43fd1e0e94c2ce.jpg

I'm out of the country until the 12th and will arrive in London, with me needing to then quickly jump on transport and travel 4 hours to get home to have a chance of getting a vote in before the deadline - and I'm supposed to be in London for the next evening too. I've not registered to vote by proxy or post because I'm a fool and it's too late now. Basically, is there a way of getting someone to pretend they're me to vote at my polling station? I can't remember the process at the polling booth, but I think you just show your polling card? It seems too simple for this to be an option but I'm hoping for this desperate measure to be a possibility. I understand it's too late for me to change polling station to one in London or else I could get my polling card sent in the post to an address in London.

Thanks!

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

I'm out of the country until the 12th and will arrive in London, with me needing to then quickly jump on transport and travel 4 hours to get home to have a chance of getting a vote in before the deadline - and I'm supposed to be in London for the next evening too. I've not registered to vote by proxy or post because I'm a fool and it's too late now. Basically, is there a way of getting someone to pretend they're me to vote at my polling station? I can't remember the process at the polling booth, but I think you just show your polling card? It seems too simple for this to be an option but I'm hoping for this desperate measure to be a possibility. I understand it's too late for me to change polling station to one in London or else I could get my polling card sent in the post to an address in London.

Thanks!

I have not had to bring my card, or asked for ID, just had to give my name and address

47 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Thanks!

@fbi @cia @metpolice @mi5 @mi6 @interpol 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Yes, but to do that pretending to be someone else without an official proxy vote is a crime.  @Sphinx You could try for an emergency proxy vote application but I don't think you'd qualify if you were aware you'd be away before the standard proxy deadline passed.  I believe that's the only legit option.

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/voter/voting-person-post-or-proxy/voting-proxy

Emergency forms are on that page to take a look at.

You might be okay if you didn't realise you'd have difficulty getting back in time. Call your local election office tomorrow for advice, perhaps.