General Erection 2019

Gus Mears

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I went to Southend today. Huge poverty area but a Brexit town and only saw conservative posters. They toy shop were advertising a toy drive to give gifts for kids this Christmas for deprived families. The town centre had 1/3 of their shops boarded up and those that were open, some were just temporary Christmas shops. The whole election has been based on Getting Brexit Done and Corbyn is a racist who can’t be trusted. The real issues are being ignored and I fear we’re going to get a Tory landslide I really do.

Southend is a Tory stronghold though, I think they've always been tory.  It's hardly a surprise to see just their posters in their stronghold.  For instance, I've never seen a tory poster near where I've lived for the last ten years.

Edited by Keith Houchen
#ATAB

• Paid Members

Thanet has long been classed as one if the most deprived areas in the country. Apart from a slight touch of madness when UKIP took the local council its been a Tory seat only Blair’s labour could take. 

I would be shocked if labour got anywhere near it this time 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Are you saying all food bank users will vote Conservative?

Well I’m obviously not a mind reader. But I know a lot of people who voted leave did so as a vote against the current system and austerity believing that leaving the EU would improve their lives. For those where Brexit means Brexit, whose news comes from The Sun, they will probably continue to vote Tory, especially if they believe Corbyn is a Commie who will makes things worse.

any who have seen things like that clip above you would hope that they see that and know what will happy if they elect another Tory government. 

On my own FB the number of people who are nowhere near the 5% think Corbyn would ruin Britain are surprising. None of them say why a Tory government would be better, just why Corbyn would be so bad. And it’s not because I think people are stupid, but if you hear a lie enough times, it’s starts to be some true. And Boris has not been challenged on his enough for people to think otherwise.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Some incredible insight here. Really mind-blowing stuff. 

The polls suggest a landslide. That better? 

that said

which I believe could be hung parliament time

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Do you ever stop before hitting "Submit Reply" to consider whether your post adds anything of merit to the thread?   Because every other post on UKFF at the moment seems to be from you, and they're almost all fucking pointless.