The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

On the subject of whether Vince McMahon actually likes wrestling, I think it was Moxley on one of his podcast appearances who said the only thing he knew Vince enjoyed was when someone told a story by selling a body part.

For some reason, that really amused me. Like Vince has the same taste as a teenager who’s read a couple of copies of Powerslam, thinking all psychology amounts to is selling the leg. Forget about building heat, hope spots, momentum swings or big comebacks. Did he hop afterwards or not? That’s what good wrestlers like Chris Benoit do.

6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

nah, last weeks show had a huge empty section too and they announced it as sold out.

I this to do with the fact loads of tickets are bought for the intention of resale and then perhaps not getting purchased. I've noticed it seems more like big chunks of seats here and there are empty which suggests to me that these were not resold, i'm guessing if tickets are all sold first hand then it is sold out and also why they don't move people into the unused seats.

• Paid Members

Just caught up with the latest episode. The Cody / Jericho segment was really well done, a slight criticism, but they really need to stop referencing WWE. It’s cheap, it was cheap when TNA used to do it and it’s cheap now. Before long they will have a character or group akin to Voodoo Kin Mafia with the way they are going. 

I’d also like them to focus on the ramp when someone’s music hits, I had no idea who was coming down other than DDP as it says his name at the beginning. I thought MJF’s music was Hangman Pages.

I had to keep chuckling at Nick Jackson trying to get ‘The Elite’ chant going which the crowd never picked up on.

I’m really not sold on Moxley, which could be due to the fact that I wasn’t a fan of Dean Ambrose and haven’t seen anything other than the AEW stuff. PAC however, is great. His look, his mannerisms, everything is brilliant. What a waste it was to have him on 205 for so long.

Scorpio Sky is going to be a star! 

• Paid Members

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't a massive fan of Private Party.

Staggeringly convoluted offence that they don't seem able to deliver competently a third of the time and gear that looks like it was picked up from Primark after they left their bags on the bus. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, garynysmon said:

All the tag team matches, and it may just be the modern style, seem very samey and over choreographed though.

there was one spot in the opener where the one Private Party member literally walked into position and bent down to allow Pentagon and Fenix to put his partner on his shoulders ready for the next spot. Just shite.

2 hours ago, simonworden said:

I this to do with the fact loads of tickets are bought for the intention of resale and then perhaps not getting purchased. I've noticed it seems more like big chunks of seats here and there are empty which suggests to me that these were not resold, i'm guessing if tickets are all sold first hand then it is sold out and also why they don't move people into the unused seats.

The empty seats were under the hard cameras so wouldn’t be seen on tv unless the handhelds accidentally caught it. Best to keep the side that the cameras are facing full to keep up the image of a sold out show. 

• Paid Members

As I understand it, the first few shows were legitimate sell-outs and any empty seats were touts overestimating demand and being unable to shift the tickets before show time. 

By this point though, there hasn’t been a self-congratulatory “we sold out again!” Tweet from any of them in ages, so these most recent shows aren’t selling out now the novelty has worn off. Fair play to them though, they did a great job of hiding it on Wednesday, particularly the angle they used when shooting the commentators where the arena looked packed.

Ultimately, I just hope they keep getting enough fans to keep the lights on. It makes a huge difference seeing how brightly lit this show is, especially watched back to back with NXT, which looks like people fighting in a branch of Hollister.

Edited by Supremo

According to WrestlingInc(?), at Southside’s 9th Anniversary tonight Cody apparently announced that AEW have signed Anthony Ogogo, who later did an angle where he punched MJF.

Whether that’s a “we’ve signed him, honest!” just for the angle or not isn’t clear, but if that’s a proper signing, it’s a bit out of left-field

Edited by WyattSheepMask

7 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

According to WrestlingInc(?), at Southside’s 9th Anniversary tonight Cody apparently announced that AEW have signed Anthony Ogogo, who later did an angle where he punched MJF.

Whether that’s a “we’ve signed him, honest!” just for the angle or not isn’t clear, but if that’s a proper signing, it’s a bit out of left-field

He was featured in one of the ‘Road to...’ series on YouTube and it stood out as bizarre then. Full on ring training with Cody and talking about how his Mum fell ill during the Olympics.

• Paid Members

I know I'm late to the party with this, but my TV has only just been sorted, but how good is Pentagon Jr?