The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

QT was quite honest a while ago on the aew podcast that Cody didn’t want him wrestling. Can use that footage easily in this to put reasoning to his turn 

• Paid Members

I don't have a problem with the QT Marshall storyline as such, except that it involves QT Marshall.

He's solid in the ring and I'm sure he's a good trainer but he isn't over and he isn't going to get over. This push they are giving him would be better off going to someone else. Cody's horrible promo made it obvious that QT is going to snap next week and take Cody out. That would've been a big rub for Penta last week but it won't make a difference to QT at all.

He's a session musician basically. He can play all the right notes but absolutely nobody is paying to see him.

• Awards Moderator

Solid show this week.

Omega vs Sydal was really fun. You could argue Omega gave Sydal a bit too much (Hangman and Bononi got the ‘who’s the star here’ balance just right in their match) but in this case it made Sydal look better rather than taking Kenny down a level. Sydal’s best AEW showing by far.

Kazarian is a good choice for Christian’s first match, that should be decent or better.

Pinnacle’s match was a good one too, you have to think Blood & Guts with the IC is in their future.

Conti vs Nyla lost itself towards the end, but Conti looked really great in the early going. They’re slowly getting better with the women’s division - still just the one match but we got a Britt Baker promo and a Jade Cargill pre-tape as well, so there’s almost more going on than ever before.

Main event was good, great to see Darby is a genuine ratings draw. Didn’t imagine Silver would win it but you can get a few fun multi-mans out of Dark Order and Darby and the Hardy boys.

This is probably old age and my eyes going but does Matt Sydal have a look of Dolph Ziggler? Why would Excalibur point out that someone kicked out of the “one winged angel” outside of AEW? Shouldn’t the whole point be to build up that move to such a point that when Hangman kicks out of it; it’s as massive moment as possible. 

You could just tell Schiavone gave JR a huge shit eating grin when he said “the d-d-tay for the three conti”

5 hours ago, Project Nim said:

Why would Excalibur point out that someone kicked out of the “one winged angel” outside of AEW? Shouldn’t the whole point be to build up that move to such a point that when Hangman kicks out of it; it’s as massive moment as possible. 

It's building towards Kenny Vs Kota isn't it? The end point of the belt collector gimmick is surely Kenny going to get the IWGP belt back from his one true love, right?

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Project Nim said:

Why would Excalibur point out that someone kicked out of the “one winged angel” outside of AEW? Shouldn’t the whole point be to build up that move to such a point that when Hangman kicks out of it; it’s as massive moment as possible. 

When it was previously mentioned that no one has kicked out of it, the internet fans all cried about it being kicked out of in Japan, so I guess they decided to acknowledge it

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

When it was previously mentioned that no one has kicked out of it, the internet fans all cried about it being kicked out of in Japan, so I guess they decided to acknowledge it

If so that's a pretty dumb reason and thank god there was no Internet when Hogan slammed Andre in 1987.

Meltzer would have tweeted every previous time Andre had been slammed and pointed out the he wasn't undefeated for 15 years.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

If so that's a pretty dumb reason and thank god there was no Internet when Hogan slammed Andre in 1987.

Meltzer would have tweeted every previous time Andre had been slammed and pointed out the he wasn't undefeated for 15 years.

That wouldn't have been as much of a problem as the easily accessible, regularly posted, videos of people slamming or pinning Andre every time someone claimed it had never happened.

• Paid Members

It's a nitpick, but would it have killed them for Britt Baker to have had a dressing on her head or something a week removed from that gusher she bled last week? Especially when Cody's wearing a cast. 

Hearing Schiavone, JR & Excalibur trying to put Spears over on commentary was funny. If they're getting nicknames in the Pinnacle I propose rather than "the chairman" he be nicknamed "albatross". 

Christian Vs Kaz? Are they going to dig out a tape from an episode of impact and replay it at 80% speed? Out. Work. Everyone? It's like the first three answers you make to your wife when she rings you at 7pm down the pub after you were supposed to be home from the office at 6.

Kenny & the Good Brothers vs Lucha Brothers & Laredo Kid will be a good match. 

Cody saying "sometimes I worry that it's all about me" in the trailer for his reality show pretty much sums it up. 

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Out. Work. Everyone? It's like the first three answers you make to your wife when she rings you at 7pm down the pub after you were supposed to be home from the office at 6.

Tremendous.