Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 24, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 24, 2021 I'm very excited for Allin vs Silver tomorrow. Silver is insanely strong and will be launching Allin all over the place. Plus with it being his first big singles match he's got a lot to prove.
Jacko Posted March 25, 2021 Posted March 25, 2021 Cody needs to turn heel immediately most unlikeable man on aew
Cutting Edge of Bluntness Posted March 25, 2021 Posted March 25, 2021 AEW running its first house show on the 9th of April.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 25, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 25, 2021 Fuck me who would ever want to watch that shit? Probably the same weirdos who might want to see Cody vs QT Marshall next week. What the fuck are they doing? Everything with Cody now is so weird, bad and pointless now I don't get how they aren't aware of how terrible he is now.
WyattSheepMask Posted March 25, 2021 Posted March 25, 2021 “Sometimes it does feel like it’s all about me, all about me” Says the man with his own Reality TV show.
Paid Members Nick James Posted March 25, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 25, 2021 I saw a write up for that show that said 'See Cody and Brandi as you have never seen them before' and the first thought that came to mind was maybe this is a way for them to try to come across as more likeable, I just don't think its going to work. A year and a half ago, Cody was a tremendous white-meat babyface, now he's less likeable than the Young Bucks.
Paid Members Supremo Posted March 25, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 25, 2021 If it keeps Brandi off Dynamite, I’m all for it.
Snitsky's back acne Posted March 25, 2021 Posted March 25, 2021 58 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Ugh. Yup. Genuinely my first reaction when I heard the news too.
Mr Butternut Squash Posted March 25, 2021 Posted March 25, 2021 So the Penta thing was just a throwaway to set up Cody vs QT Marshall? FUCK OFF.
Yakashi Posted March 25, 2021 Posted March 25, 2021 Imagine looking at Miz and Mrs and thinking that’s what’s missing from your babyface wrestling character.
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 25, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 25, 2021 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: Ugh. I have no issue with this and I tell you why. Are we going to watch it? Probably not. But it’s great cross promotion for AEW and it will get people who don’t watch to see the product in a reality TV setting and maybe bring a different audience to the product.
RedRooster Posted March 25, 2021 Posted March 25, 2021 (edited) 25 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said: So the Penta thing was just a throwaway to set up Cody vs QT Marshall? FUCK OFF. That's exactly what I was about to say. QT's promo was acceptable, but his push simply isn't. Becoming friends with Cody (or marrying him) seems to be your route to a decent spot in this company. Unless you're Matt Cardona. Nepotism is proving to be really problematic for this company. There are plenty of wrestlers who would gain more from being in The Pinnacle than Shaun Spears. Wrestlers who actually have upside. QT Marshall doesn't belong on TV. Everything about him is utterly unremarkable. The fact that Brandi is the first woman (and one of the first people) to feature in the intro sounds like a small thing, but it gives her an air of importance that she simply should not have. She's featured before Shida, their Champion. Before Britt Baker, who has firmly established herself as an MVP for that company. Perception is everything. Cody seemed to be an asset to AEW early on, but the more time goes on, the more I wonder if the company would be better off if he just fucked off and took his army of bland with him. Edited March 25, 2021 by RedRooster
DavidB6937 Posted March 25, 2021 Posted March 25, 2021 5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: I have no issue with this and I tell you why. Are we going to watch it? Probably not. But it’s great cross promotion for AEW and it will get people who don’t watch to see the product in a reality TV setting and maybe bring a different audience to the product. I completely get the logic behind it but it can still fuck off.
Recommended Posts