The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

It was. Yet it didn’t overshadow the debut of his shite tattoo the same night. That was a bad night for Cody as the match with MJF wasn’t very good at all. 

Oddly, Cody has been progressively worse and worse since the moment he got that tattoo. It's like it's a curse.

Cody's been tragic ever since the tattoo.

They should sign Jim Johnston or at least license more entrance music. If there's one relatively easy fix that's holding AEW back at the moment, it's the lack of big time entrance music. Punchy themes that grab you and tell you all you need about the character. The Pinnacle's music for example is such a wet fart.

DYNAMITE! .. I still hear it in my head every so often randomly. Mostly when I see this topic's title pop up. Ah fond memories of that fucking theme on repeat watching it on Fite.

Lucha Bros has always been the shittest one because I love the guys but "cero miedo meet us in the ring!" just makes me want to throw stuff at the TV.

Disappointing to see Christian falling a bit flat after the good work he seems to be doing.

If I were him, I’d have pitched for one last WWE run. Feud with Edge about how he was always trying to be the guy in the limelight even when they were a team, and in coming out of retirement he is a spotlight hog. Have them Batter each other for a while, and one last tag title reign to ride off happily into the sunset.

1 minute ago, Dazz said:

Disappointing to see Christian falling a bit flat after the good work he seems to be doing.

If I were him, I’d have pitched for one last WWE run. Feud with Edge about how he was always trying to be the guy in the limelight even when they were a team, and in coming out of retirement he is a spotlight hog. Have them Batter each other for a while, and one last tag title reign to ride off happily into the sunset.

I'd be perfectly happy to see him fill the role Matt Hardy is filling in AEW. And I mean that literally. I want them to (without explanation) sub him in as the leader of Hardy's stable and completely ignore the fact that Matt's run in AEW ever happened. I briefly thought I might be enjoying Big Money Matt, but I've come to realise that I'm only enjoying the fact he's less prominent in the show. 

• Paid Members

AEW has some good themes but they are mostly the ones done by outside people. Their in house guy (Mikey Ruckus I think his name is) isn't very good though. Jim Johnston should absolutely be on the payroll. But regardless of that, the sound mix for the music on Dynamite isn't great. It always sounds a bit quiet and muddled in with everything else. Definitely lacking that extra oomph.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Speaking of QT Marshall, I really resent the fact the focus shifted to him at the end. Firstly, it's a little illogical. "Where was QT?" - well, where was Lee Johnson and the other members of the Nightmare Family? Three people came out to save Cody, I don't think the entire Rhodes army was necessary 

Even stupider was the fact that you could see the Gunn Club just standing around at ringside until Dustin ran in. That looked far more more heelish than QT coming out to check if Cody was okay even though it was all over.

QT might be the best example of someone who doesn't have "IT" I've ever seen. He's perfectly adequate at everything he does but he simply isn't interesting. No matter how they push him, or who they put with him, it feels forced and unnatural. They gave him Dustin as tag partner, the Diamond Cutter as a finisher and Allie (briefly) as a girlfriend and none of it has worked. He could kick out of the One Winged Angel and still not get over.

I'll echo what others have said about the main event. It was absolutely insane. Britt Baker is a fucking star. It's hard to believe what a difference turning her heel has made. I also love that AEW are already selling a t-shirt with her bloody face on it. Not something I'd ever wear though.

4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

A great promo from Rosa here, but the main thing for me was Tony Khan all like "this is eligible for event of the year!" and Britt wanting the Meltzer snowflakes.. as the kids say, cringe.

To be fair, I can understand it. It's probably the closest thing to external industry recognition wrestlers can get. Kind of like a footballer being named player of the season by the Football Writers's Association. When you put your body through that level of punishment, I can absolutely appreciate that you might want some level of critical acknowledgment. 

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

A great promo from Rosa here, but the main thing for me was Tony Khan all like "this is eligible for event of the year!" and Britt wanting the Meltzer snowflakes.. as the kids say, cringe.

Bless him, Khan always looks in pain! It's his resting pain face. So weird.