The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Really surprised by the reaction to Shawn Spears in MJF’s new group. I’ve absolutely no problem having him as the designated loser of the group, taking all the pin-fall and submission losses. Nobody else in that group should take a loss for the next three to five years. And Wardlow should probably never lose for the rest of his career. The man fucking REEKS of money.

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Really surprised by the reaction to Shawn Spears in MJF’s new group. I’ve absolutely no problem having him as the designated loser of the group, taking all the pin-fall and submission losses. Nobody else in that group should take a loss for the next three to five years. And Wardlow should probably never lose for the rest of his career. The man fucking REEKS of money.

I've no problem with Shawn Spears being involved in this for no better reason than it having been seeded since August 2019. Spears' interview with JR is the first mention of the words 'Inner Circle' in AEW, when he talks about how he has by design 5 people that he keeps close. Cody was one of those 5 but essentially separated himself from Spears by going to main roster WWE. That interview was also the first appearance of Tully in AEW.

MJF and Spears had the gimmick of betting on matches and hanging out together in the first few Covid shows.

The black glove gimmick, gifted to him by Tully was also used by Barry Windham.

I get that Spears isn't exactly an awe inspiring choice, but he's clearly been set up for a role in this stable of 5 Horsemen analogues/ Mirror Inner Circle for a decent amount of time.

Hopefully they can pull a similar amount of surprise gold from Spears in this group as they have Hager as Inner Circle's comedy goon.

Saw the Elevation Main Event will be Riho/Maki Itoh. What mad circles wrestling moves in.

The Year is 2021. Tony Schiavone and the Big Show are commentating on a Joshi match in an american wrestling promotion ran by the son of the owner of Fulham F.C.

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members

Finally getting caught up on last week's Dynamite. That segment with Moxley and Kingston was great. Cody actually squashed somebody as well. Hopefully it leads somewhere.

JR not recognising Christian's old TNA music 3 days after it played at Revolution was a bit daft. It's getting towards time he was moved into a backstage or sit down interview/talking head role.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

The problem they have with JR is that when he’s invested, cares and likes what he’s watching he still is great and can elevate the product. He often makes John Silver and Adam Page sound like utter superstars and he makes be believe Wardlow is going to be the absolute biggest and best thing in the entire business.

He just doesn’t give a shit most the time.

It’s like a relationship you’re desperately trying to save because when they’re engaged it still feels like the old days, but those moments are few and far between and you’re starting to wonder whether it’s worth the hassle.

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

JR not recognising Christian's old TNA music 3 days after it played at Revolution was a bit daft. It's getting towards time he was moved into a backstage or sit down interview/talking head role.

Give him a break. He couldn't even remember which one was Jeff and which one was Matt half the time.

• Paid Members

That's true enough. It was a decent show. It's a shame they appear to be going with Christian Vs Omega rather than Eddie Kingston getting a shot this week's show looks like it could be a good one. Bear Country getting a run out on Dynamite is nice. Presumably Scorpio Sky is going to be hooking up with Team Taz. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That's true enough. It was a decent show. It's a shame they appear to be going with Christian Vs Omega rather than Eddie Kingston getting a shot

They've got months of TV from now til Double Or Nothing. I'm certain they're going to run Omega vs Kingston at some point.

• Paid Members

It’s giving me a headache thinking about Chuck Taylor and Orange Cassidy cutting promos in an arcade, but them not doing the actual match there.

Maybe they’ll prove me wrong and they’ve got some brilliant idea for a match where the ring is surrounded by arcade machines. But on the face of it, wouldn’t it be far better to just rent out an actual arcade? Between the Parking Lot Brawl and the Sting/Darby street fight, if there’s something to be learnt from the COVID era it’s that doing mad, wild matches in different locations is way better than yet another match in the same ring in the same building we’ve been in for nearly a year.

I’d love to see them come up with daft spots. Atomic drop onto a motorbike game. Two guys fighting on a Dance Dance Revolution machine and getting the high score by accident. Orange Cassidy stopping mid-fight to score some basketballs and win a teddy bear. Orange and Chuck throwing Kip Sabian down a bowling alley and getting a strike. And then Sue picks them up in her van at the end, of course.

Failing that, they should do a rip-off of the 8-bit episode of Community and have all four guys actually fighting inside a computer game.

Edited by Supremo