The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

That main event has me stunned. On one hand it was two very clearly green and at times sloppy wrestlers doing janky looking spots, but on the other you couldn't really ask for a more shocking and brutal lights out match. I think it will have people torn. I personally think it'll be a turning point for both of them but I can see why people might have been put off by it. By male or female standards it was pretty gross.

Edited by FelatioLips
I was worked!

1 minute ago, FelatioLips said:

That main event has me stunned. On one hand it was two very clearly green and at times sloppy wrestlers accidentally busting each other hardway and doing janky looking spots, but on the other you couldn't really ask for a more shocking and brutal lights out match. I think it will have people torn. I personally think it'll be a turning point for both of them but I can see why people might have been put off by it. By male or female standards it was pretty gross.

I don't think that either woman got busted hardway, but yeah there was at least one mid to high level register on the Muta scale there. 

I agree it's a turning point for both women and the division as a whole. Rosa came into AEW with a reputation but I can't say enough how much better Baker has got in the last 12 months.

Hell of a spectacle.

Not sure where you got hardway from Rosa obviously bladed after the stomp to the steps, hence why she vanished behind them and the camera stayed off her 

Britt I suspect was probably a case of blading deep as opposed to hardway.

Imo it was the perfect end to their feud.

• Paid Members

I assumed Britt’s was hardway because before the blood got too much it looked like a big skin flap on her forehead. Could have just bladed deep but even so, yikes.

What the fuck were those two playing at? The mad sods. That was absolutely blinding stuff. Thunder Rosa just looks like a kick ass machine and Britt Baker looked an absolute mess on sheer adrenaline. She knows where every camera seems to be, her gushing blood covered in pins, out of her tree. Brilliant finish, the thunder bomb looked grim. Reba nailed all her run-in spots perfect too. 

Five stars to all. I absolutely loved that. What a spectacle, the Britt/Rosa feud has been great fun to me. Hope they all get a fat bonus for that.

Edited by Chili

Wow just wow I feel a bit like with that chair shot from Spears to Cody last year that we are so desentzied to blood in major wrestling promotions that when something like this happens it makes us sit up and notice.I’m not for minute suggesting I want to see a blood fest every week but for a one of it put the match on another level, it showed Britt and Rosa to be two badasses also if one day when they turn Britt they could easily use that image a bit like Austin in the sharpshooter at wm with Bret to put her over as a bad bitch.

Edited by Jacko

Jumped straight to the main this week - difficult to say how I feel as I'm sure I've been worried about those sorts of matches for the men previously, so I should probably feel that for the women too. Yet it just felt like it was big time and two people that had something to prove and wanted to push the division into the spotlight.

Difficult to say if it'll be a 'turning point' for the division because it's not like the division has been ALL bad matches/wrestlers from the start. They've always managed to have something decent here and there. It just needs to be a bit more stable across the board, otherwise the gulf between their decent wrestlers and middling ones will just get bigger. Not that every match should be like this but if they can turn Britt Baker around like they have then they should be able to work on others.

Not seen the main event , only the pics.

Not a huge fan of blood and tacks to be honest, especially with women.

That said, i didnt mind the Omega /Moxley match in terms of violence as much as i thought i would . 

I assume this isnt an easy watch ?

Best hardcore match they've done IMO. Loved it, but I'm a mark for juice. Britt's a superstar.

Also loved Tully's promo and MJF getting serious again.

Cody fucking sucks though. I swear he'd be getting booed out of the arenas by now. Him and his crew of losers (Dustin aside) are the worst thing on the show and his shitty spots and matches make no sense and stink of desperation. Take a break dude.

That match was great, and it was made better by the fact that the spots weren’t 100% clean. The lifts were a little shaky, the delivery was a bit crude... but it’s a fucking fight, of course they are. They stayed just on the right side of ‘this could fall apart at any moment’ and I loved it.

They both definitely bladed, though Britt going deep has certainly helped her leave that show as a megastar.

I have an old, ingrained habit of skipping women’s matches. I’m so glad I took the day off from being a twat. So good.

Somehow, the most brutal women’s spot of the night was not in the main event, though. Jade Cargill is clearly here to cash cheques and snap necks. That fucking suplex... eurgh.

It was a fun show. Interested where they’re going next with Mox as it seems like Kingston is the one being written out for now.

I think at least one unique faction was involved in every segment.

The ending of the Cody match was very odd. Just Penta taking every one of Cody’s moves for ages, getting a move in on Cody’s arm before getting rolled up. Not sure they did enough to earn the injury angle either.

Christian Cage stands out like a polyp in a colonoscopy, doesn’t he? Isn’t ‘outwork’ one word? Why’s his hair so spongy? Why’s his gimmick that he’s a workhorse? Isn’t he Captain Charisma? Why does he think he’s Benoit all of a sudden? Shit. Go away. Come back when you have a kazoo and a sombrero.

The Sting segments feel like a running joke now, but I’m looking forward to Darby vs Johnny. Jake Roberts ‘hot dog button/weenie’ joke may be the worst thing ever said on a wrestling show.

MJF cuts a good promo but he went a step too far with the joke about Jericho’s pecs. It just screamed ‘I wrote this for you twitter.. love me.’ Still, their faction looks good. And Shawn Spears is there too.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz