The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Is this Cody realising where he should actually be, or trying to make Ethan Page look like a big deal? 

2 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Honestly yeah, there's enough talent to run a decent card without them

Well yeah, but if you’re paying to see AEW you’re going to want to see Kenny, Cody and The Bucks. Just because you can run a show without them doesn’t mean that you should.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Honestly yeah, there's enough talent to run a decent card without them

Yeah, I can’t believe they are running Wrestlemania this year with Daniel Bryan, Edge and Roman Reigns main eventing when Akira Tozawa, Tucker and Jaxson Ryker are available 

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Yeah, I can’t believe they are running Wrestlemania this year with Daniel Bryan, Edge and Roman Reigns main eventing when Akira Tozawa, Tucker and Jaxson Ryker are available 

Not exactly the same thing is it? But considering both Cody and Matt Jackson have been working through injuries, do they really need to be exerting themselves for a non televised show?

9 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Not exactly the same thing is it? But considering both Cody and Matt Jackson have been working through injuries, do they really need to be exerting themselves for a non televised show?

I don't know enough about the severity of their injuries to comment on that. However, this is the first ever AEW house show and sets the tone for what they do in that respect going forward. If people are disappointed because it doesn't feature the key wrestlers, that's damaging. 

Plus, to be fair, your initial post doesn't exactly read as if you were saying: "Oh no! I'm concerned about Cody and his injury!"

9 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Predictably the first match they've announced for the house show, on the night before Mania, features Cody Rhodes as he faces Ethan Page

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I don't know enough about the severity of their injuries to comment on that. However, this is the first ever AEW house show and sets the tone for what they do in that respect going forward. If people are disappointed because it doesn't feature the key wrestlers, that's damaging. 

Plus, to be fair, your initial post doesn't exactly read as if you were saying: "Oh no! I'm concerned about Cody and his injury!"

Yeah on reflection my post didn’t come off well, it’s just I thought they’d use it to give more of the undercard talent a spotlight that’s all

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Yeah on reflection my post didn’t come off well, it’s just I thought they’d use it to give more of the undercard talent a spotlight that’s all

They have two shows for that on You Tube. You really think people pay to go and see people like the Captain and VSK rather then the people they watch on Dynamite?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, RedRooster said:

However, this is the first ever AEW house show and sets the tone for what they do in that respect going forward. If people are disappointed because it doesn't feature the key wrestlers, that's damaging. 

Aren't they only running this show because it's Wrestlemania weekend? I wouldn't put too much stock in as being "the first ever house show". I don't think they're planning on running regular house shows any time soon. 

35 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Aren't they only running this show because it's Wrestlemania weekend? I wouldn't put too much stock in as being "the first ever house show". I don't think they're planning on running regular house shows any time soon. 

I don't know what their motivations are - whether it's 'testing the water', an extra payday for the wrestlers - whatever. If they ran an underwhelming show in terms of star power it still wouldn't look good. 

A totally separate point, but it's easy enough to argue that running the show in the first place doesn't look good. All of these pop-up shows on 'Mania weekend are creating a situation where it's going to be very easy for the virus to spread freely. I know that Florida has already rolled out the welcome mat for COVID, but I do worry that we'll be looking back at the libertarian bullshit going on across the world in a year's time, saying "that's the moment the virus mutated to evade the vaccine", as the libertarian bullshitters try to gaslight the planet (and probably succeed in doing so) and say: "see! We told you there was no point shutting everything down, this was inevitable. No more lockdowns! Or masks!" (or vulnerable or elderly people)

Edited by RedRooster

It doesn't redeem the last 8 months of a really quite awful feud but Arcade Anarchy was a hell of a lot of fun.

There'll be stuff that will get on some people's nerves this week, no doubt but I actually watched pretty much the whole show with a smile on my face.

• Paid Members

End to end arguably the best episode of Dynamite they’ve done. Felt like something was happening for the entire two hours with a match or segment for everyone. Even QT’s little faction had me interested by the time the segment was done.

Perfect feel good ending too, though I thought Kris Statlander was Kilynn King from Dark at first.

• Paid Members

Belting episode this week. When AEW find their stride there’s nothing better.

Fun opener that finally made Christian feel relevant, surprisingly great angle with Cody that left me actually caring about QT Marshall, brilliant trios match, killer angle with the Inner Circle and Pinnacle and then a stonking main event that had me grinning like a dickhead.

This company are tremendous at blow-off matches. Even with feuds like this, that mostly disappointed, I’m gonna always remember it for my sheer delight at Kris Statlander and Trent returning and then the wholesome scenes of everyone hugging and giving Sue the thumbs up whilst they played Pixies. I can’t believe how quickly this company regained their momentum. Remember when the bomb didn’t go off? Well who fucking cares now.

5051609B-7EF9-45A6-BF09-56626410BA47.thumb.jpeg.75317e4a4c37b433abd65204ba1a3dcb.jpeg

8CE86DB0-A99D-4D97-9ABB-D2A32F302928.thumb.jpeg.29f1b448bf7e05fbdc87c744483d4625.jpeg

So great. Genuinely left me buzzing. Absolute home run.

Edited by Supremo

I have no idea why Sue showing up pops me so much, but few things have ever made me happier in wrestling than when that mini van shows up.