The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

The Battle Royale is to AEW, what the Ladder Match is to NXT at this point, neither shows should do them for the forseeable future. 

Also, I wouldn't consider this one a 'simple house show' with it being AEW's first house show, it's quite significant. Wouldn't surprise me if it ends up on YouTube at some point.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

A “Duuuval Street Fight”

Go on then, what’s the reference I’m not getting

Duval is a county in Jacksonville, I think it's a Jaguars thing. I don't "get it", but I do appreciate AEW's efforts at cross-promotion with the Jaguars and whatnot.

Edited by BomberPat

On 3/22/2021 at 4:32 PM, Chris B said:

*ignore quote (bloody editor) 

Is Cody gaslighting us? "I'm the most self-aware. In fact, I'm the best at self-awareness. Yes, I have obnoxious pyro. Yes, I have my own special entrance. But it's because I'm aware I'm special, because of who my dad was. And it's all to THANK you, the fans, for allowing me to do this!"

I kind of get what he was going for, in trying to not name QT, but all it does is confirm the heel's accusation. By ignoring him, even after the fact, you're confirming that you're ignoring him. It's the face baiting the heel, which would sit better if it was done with a wink and a bit of wit, but it wasn't.

Oh, and it's his ribs now, not his shoulder, so that's a pin in Penta, then.

• Paid Members

What do we think the chances are of Young Bucks teaming with Moxley being a big angle where it’s a trap and the Bucks turn heel on Mox?

I know they’ve teased the eventual Young Bucks vs. Good Brothers match, suggesting that’s the PPV destination, but I’d much rather the Bucks go full heel and properly join forces with Gallows, Anderson and Omega instead. It suits the unlikable Bucks to be heel anyway, it makes the Fenix/PAC match a better dynamic if they play heel and ultimately it can lead to Moxley and Kingston going for (and ideally winning) the tag belts as well.

I’m gonna be so gutted if they choose to keep them pseudo babyfaces just so they can do their supposed dream match with Tag Team Tensai. Of all the Tag a title matches on the horizon to be excited about, the Gallows and Anderson match is bottom of my list.

Edited by Supremo

It’s exactly what I expect to happen. That the good brothers and omega powdered and was no contact makes next week look a set up 

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

What do we think the chances are of Young Bucks teaming with Moxley being a big angle where it’s a trap and the Bucks turn heel on Mox?

Slim to none unfortunately. At this point it’s completely clear that they’re either oblivious about how they come across, or in denial about it.

I could see them drop the titles to The Good Brothers, allowing Moxley and Kingston to challenge for the belts against a heel team, albeit a far less appealing one.

However, the Kenny storyline surely has to be building up to something. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that it’ll be be towards the first (I think?) triple threat match in AEW history - Kenny vs Nick vs Matt for the title. I could get on board with that, although in the long term turning the Bucks would be a much better road to take.

The Good Brothers always peak on their debut. They always look cool when they debut somewhere, their running in and battering the Uso's was a really great angle and they looked like a genuine threat.

Gallows annoys me the most as there is a good worker under there somewhere, he does basic big man well but that is about it. I still maintain he looks the business as well. He really needs to be paired with a proper work horse though and Anderson is not that guy. 

Anderson just looks shit sadly and generic as they come. He wrestles a weird big man hybrid style but just looks too small to be convincing. 

49 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

The Impact deal has been really shit hasn't it?

Of all the Impact talent they could use, it's just been the Good Brothers. 

Swing Man doesn't approve. 

I've found it really disappointing. It feels quite half arsed to be honest and there's really no intrigue left in it for me whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Mikeymike83 said:

There may have been more than this, but sure Allin, Janela and Havoc had a triple threat on one of the early PPV's. 

You’re right actually, I’d clean forgotten about that. The Cracker Barrel brawl...wasn’t that the match where someone stood on thumbtacks? Ugh. 

• Paid Members

QT Marshall and his lads feel like the Los Boricuas of this AEW faction thing..

The stuff with Pinnacle and the Inner Circle was well done.

That six man was good. I'm smelling a 5 on 1 beatdown next week..

Moxley's still selling from the exploding ring/barbed wire match almost a month ago, but Britt Baker isn't showing any aftereffects of the hardcore match she went through two weeks ago?

Jurassic Express Vs Bear Country could be good.

Miro looked like a million dollars at times during that main event. Some nice old coin ops there as well. What a crazy time.

9 hours ago, RedRooster said:

You’re right actually, I’d clean forgotten about that. The Cracker Barrel brawl...wasn’t that the match where someone stood on thumbtacks? Ugh. 

Not entirely sure, I have a vague memory of someone having thumbtacks put in there mouth and taped shut. Might not have been that match though.