The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

12 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Decent show, but still a lot of acts who don’t belong on TV - either through not being good enough, or not having their act fleshed out enough yet.

Not really into Kingston/Archer. The last few weeks have been my first real introduction to Kingston and I’m just not there with him, and there’s something really inauthentic about Archer. 

Finally realised why I recognise ‘The Butcher’ - he’s the fucking guitarist from Every Time I Die. Incredible. He looks the bollocks, too. Push please.

Good Moxley promo.

Bad Sting/Allin promo. Only made tolerable by Schiavone and JR taking the piss afterwards: “Hoodlums? That’s hard hitting stuff JR.”

He might be a chunky monkey, but I enjoy Jericho more now than I think I did when he was young.

Mad hearing Auf Wiedersehn PAC’s accent on display in those promos. He’s a good promo though.

The Cody segment was horrendous. What’s the vibe on Cody? I really like him and think he stands out as a real star of the company, but he’s really under used. Will they renege on the stip that he can’t win the title? What’s the deal with that? He seems like a ready made world champion for them.

I know it’s not professional, but JR completely knee-capping Red Velvet’s promo made me laugh.

Highlight of Ziggler-lite and Page was Page’s entrance graphic: “Accompanied by crippling emotional baggage”

Jungle Boy/Dax didn’t capture me In the first half, but grew into itself. It’s almost a shame that JB and John Silver exist on the samE show, as you could see both growing into AEW’s ‘yes movement’ era Daniel Bryan.

Main event was great, but the acts are all a bit off. Anyone care to explain The Dark Order? Lots of sinister branding, but seem like a comedy troupe? The Bucks have no idea what they are or why they do the things they do. The Good Bro’s know their act, but it’s shit so fuck ‘em.

That ‘biz clizz’ and ‘...izzle’ nonsense is awful.

In short for Dark Order

Start of AEW to March 2010 - Reallllllly shit cult gimmick.

March 2010 - Brodie Lee revealed as their leader and begins recruiting vulnerable babyfaces in losing streaks or crossroads career wise.

During this time on the online BTE show, the Dark Order begin a veer into comedy with Brodie as this vicious leader amongst basically goofy batman villains. This got really over.

Then Brodie passed away, they were veering into this angle where without their evil cult leader, they are actually a group who bond over being a bit quirky but friends. So they're now pivoted to being faces, couldn't really avoid it, you had to.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Duke said:

I hate to be that guy, but have you got a source for that? Everything I can find has it at just under 1 million.

They played a promo during AEW Dark (I think after the Minus 1 dark order commentary match) for it, so that's TNT saying that. I am guessing that probably means on demand, clips and repeats because they never get that size audience on TNT for anything. I have time stamped it below

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-thursday-cable-originals-network-finals-1-7-2021.html

1m viewers and a 0.3 in the demo. Pretty much what AEW is doing. Actually worse as AEW usually posts higher demos. 

Oh, I believe that (although that is live and not the plus 1 and 3's and whatever else they reference now due to streaming. But, I was just quoting their advert above 

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

He obviously is huge, but is that what he's best known for in the public eye? 

He'll always be best known for his basketball career but he was more charismatic than most.

Back in his prime he did some DTV acting in the DC superhero film Steel and IIRC released a rap album.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Louch said:

This weeks aew podcast is a timeline of Brodys Illness provided by his wife. Harrowing how fast it seems he went 

Fucking hell, that sounds grim. Usually enjoy the AEW podcast but will probably give that a miss.

EDIT: just read some details from it. Sounds like the family is receiving great support from AEW which is lovely to hear. Heartbreaking story though.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Snoop Dogg and Cody Rhodes wouldnt get 12 million viewers if you streamed their funerals. Cheeky cunts peddling those figures. If WWE did the same blah, blah etc.

Remember, it’s TBS/TNT touting that though, not AEW

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Fucking hell, that sounds grim. Usually enjoy the AEW podcast but will probably give that a miss.

EDIT: just read some details from it. Sounds like the family is receiving great support from AEW which is lovely to hear. Heartbreaking story though.

Yeah lots of fantastic sounding support and family given the ultimate decision on everything. Still amazes me that nothing broke at all given wrestling being what it is 

Kenny and Hangman are bound to collide again at some point.

Kenny and Impact wrestling have teamed up together.

Impact's tag team champions happen to be Kenny's best mates, Anderson & Gallows.

Gallows & Anderson are set to defend their Impact tag team titles against AEW's Private Party.

Private Party just happen to now be managed by Matt Hardy.

Matt Hardy now wants to get Hangman into his circle.

But because of Omega, Gallows and Anderson having their other mates, the Young Bucks onside, Hardy's firm is always outnumbered leading us to Stampede Stampede II.

Bullet Club v Matt Hardy/Adam Page/Private Party and the debuting Jeff Hardy with the stipulation being if Bullet Club lose, Hangman gets his shot at the World Title five years from now because it's long-term booking. And we'll still be none-the-wiser if the Bucks are meant to be heels or faces.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

In an ideal world I want Bray to come into AEW as a take on his cult persona, take control of Dark Order through bullying etc until Hangman liberates them which keeps Page and Omega apart a bit longer and gives DO something to do. 

I'd prefer Mil Muertes, but he's with MLW now.