The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

14 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I don't know what's a joke or not anymore.

I rate Bray and the early Wyatt Family was genuinely interesting with a character I felt had the potential to go places, it was ruined by moving him into the supernatural role. Bray as a dangerous southern cult leader was great but he never recruited anyone or beat anyone. 

I don't want to be one of those 'oh AEW would let him flourish' because well look at Miro and Hardy. They have however shown they can produce solid story lines. Bray beating the dark order into submission could be heart breaking. A tearful John Silver being beaten up by Bray until Hangman makes the save would be great imo.  

9 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Miro

Why has everyone decided that because his intro to AEW has been less than stellar, he won't flourish? When someone becomes available like that, you can't just change up long term plans. You have to make it work. 

Miro will flourish, and he'll be a star. In time.

1 minute ago, iPumaPants said:

Why has everyone decided that because his intro to AEW has been less than stellar, he won't flourish? When someone becomes available like that, you can't just change up long term plans. You have to make it work. 

Because he has show fuck all to be excited about so far. I like Miro, I thought he was great in WWE and I have high hopes he could be in AEW but present his character is a mess and he is failing to make me give a shit about him.

That is personal opinion, yes others have stated the same but there are also plenty of people who are enjoying his work. Wrestling is subjective and fickle. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Because he has show fuck all to be excited about so far. I like Miro, I thought he was great in WWE and I have high hopes he could be in AEW but present his character is a mess and he is failing to make me give a shit about him.

That is personal opinion, yes others have stated the same but there are also plenty of people who are enjoying his work. Wrestling is subjective and fickle. 

Yep but everyone and their dog said the same thing about Kenny. Yes it's been a shite start for Miro but that doesn't mean he can't/won't get there. In a years time if he's still done nothing of worth then I'll be less positive but it's still very early days.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, iPumaPants said:

Yeah. I'm fine with how they've used him so far. It's not brilliant but it's not so shit that he couldn't recover incredibly quickly. He's unbeaten and hasn't even really been around the big boys yet.

All he has to do is murder Kip and "get serious" and he's automatically a credible title contender. Long term, I'd say he's in a far better position than the likes of Archer and Cage, who got put in the main event mix straight away, lost, and are unlikely to reach that same level ever again.

• Paid Members

I think Miro is showing signs of potential bullying around Chuck Taylor, dressing like he's in an Eastern European mafia. Once this nonsense with Kip Sabian is done and dusted he'll hopefully lean more into that. He's got strong 80s action movie villain vibes going and I'd love for him to go that way.

41 minutes ago, DEF said:

Yep but everyone and their dog said the same thing about Kenny. Yes it's been a shite start for Miro but that doesn't mean he can't/won't get there. In a years time if he's still done nothing of worth then I'll be less positive but it's still very early days.

Which is fair and hopefully something that will happen, on the other side of the argument Kenny had been pretty much written off by so many people as well within a similar time frame 'geek' 'act like a star' 'only good because of 50 minute matches in japan' 'maybe I don't get the character' 

Which is all fine as Kenny has obviously developed into one hell of an act but wrestling fans and patience never go hand in hand. I am disappointed in Miro's direction as I feel he could be better used and if it is a case of waiting until there is something then fair enough but so far he has not done much that excites me. 

Edited by Joe Blog

3 hours ago, iPumaPants said:

I love that you think they have long term plans  

I know its petty and nonsensical, but this stupid fucking image sums up that smug side of BTE/AEW that I can't abide by:

spacer.png

Ugh. It gives me the heebies. Impact Rulez. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I know its petty and nonsensical, but this stupid fucking image sums up that smug side of BTE/AEW that I can't abide by:

spacer.png

Ugh. It gives me the heebies. Impact Rulez. 

Just so I'm sure. You understand they are taking the piss right?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Of course. It's where my point is coming from. 

So do you hate any humour in wrestling or just when it’s AEW? It’s a weird thing to be upset about when they were spoofing Apple launches to debut their new range of games

• Paid Members

Thought this week, again, was a lesson in never taking any notice of what other people think. Just enjoy what you enjoy.

Jungle Boy and Harwood was my highlight. Just so great. Good build last week, nice little pre-match promos, proper old school stip on the extras at ringside, the crowd singing Baltimora mid match and then really good work, the right finish and good dirty heel work post-match. This was superb. 

I hope Jungle Boy grows as a talker as he moves up the card because he's an absolute superstar in waiting if he does.

Lots of chat about Miro, again. That guy is brilliant. He's playing second or third fiddle and he's still outstanding. The difference between him and someone like Shawn Spears speaks volumes. Spears came in, got a big angle with Cody, they gave him Tully, they made him a big focus and while it was ok for one match, it was one and done. Rusev has come in fucking about in the mid card, terrible bleach job and Ali G's wardrobe and his ring work and promos are superb. Making it obvious that he's just being held back while his time comes. The guy himself is outstanding. 

The grounding these guys get from WWE is so valuable. Look at Mox, Rusev, FTR, even Hager, and they just have the swagger (geddit?) It'll be interesting to see if AEW can continue to keep the individuality that makes their guys interesting while getting the indy stink off the guys who've never been in WWE. You can see it in a guy like Eddie Kingston who is unbelievably engaging and a five star promo but looks like shit and his work is sloppy. Hopefully they tap in to zone of these guys and Dustin and Jericho and keep knocking the edges off.  I think you can see great improvement in a guy like Brian Pillman already. 

Britt Baker is the best female performer in the world. Character work better than everyone by miles. She was magnificent in that Waiting Room (dirty bastards) seg the other week. Remember when she was drowning as a white meat babyface? Unrecognisable now.