The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah, I definitely assumed Brandi was getting there to 'put someone over' and try to look like she's doing what's best for business. We'll see.

Who on earth is Brandi getting over though? She has no genuine heat or anything, nobody cares about her.

24 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Who on earth is Brandi getting over though? She has no genuine heat or anything, nobody cares about her.

Perception is reality. 6 weeks ago ivelisse and diamanté were not on the roster.... Now they're on course to win this historic first ever tournament by beating the Nightmare sisters and cementing their place on the roster........ 

(tell me you can't hear that in brandi and Cody's voice) 

1 minute ago, Yakashi said:

To put someone over you have to be a star yourself. Brandi is a nothing. There's a few people AEW have that could do that sort of thing but she definitely isn't one of them. 

I know that, you know that, even Kenny omega knows that, there are 2 people who don't though...... And they share a last name..... 

1 hour ago, poetofthedeed said:

I know that, you know that, even Kenny omega knows that, there are 2 people who don't though...... And they share a last name..... 

I honestly don’t think Cody is that stupid. He’s just letting his wife do what she wants. Dustin seems like a total moron though so I’ll give you the two!

14 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

I honestly don’t think Cody is that stupid. He’s just letting his wife do what she wants. Dustin seems like a total moron though so I’ll give you the two!

I remember cody tweeting after brandis 6th? Match, claiming she was one of the fastest learners he'd ever seen and the fact that she was training on the road instead of a school was inspirational....... That boy has the love blinkers on hard, and the tag tournament currently smacks hard of crockett Cup booking... I'm not saying he's definitely involved, but I wouldn't be shocked..... 

Selling tickets tomorrow for next Thursdays live Dynamite. Able to admit 10% of capacity. Be good to get some fans back in, interested to see how it comes across.

Aside from Impact, which comes across really well without fans and I’ve watched it every week for a while now, I’ve really struggled to watch the Covid Era of wrestling and haven’t really watched any AEW or WWE, fans being back is something that makes me want to watch, even in such a small volume so will give it a try next week.

I'm really surprised at the positive reaction I've seen to AEW and Tony Khan allowing distanced capacity in for Dynamite considering the backlash there would universally be if it had been WWE and the crazy old bastard that were doing it. Aren't the US still running thousands of deaths and infections a day?

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

I'm really surprised at the positive reaction I've seen to AEW and Tony Khan allowing distanced capacity in for Dynamite considering the backlash there would universally be if it had been WWE and the crazy old bastard that were doing it. Aren't the US still running thousands of deaths and infections a day?

I think, rightly or wrongly, there's a sense that AEW have been mostly taking the pandemic seriously, and there's more trust built up. Outside of Jericho's concert, they seem to have been careful, and moving towards this very slowly. WWE made a big deal about their magic spray for their rings and didn't want to show masks in the audience. So there's just less trust overall. 

I'd prefer that they didn't do this. When they've had groups of people in the audience, they've seemed to gather them together, which seems ridiculous. 10% capacity in an arena is pretty good - 10% stuck into 20% of the space is less good.

I know the ratings talk is mainly Meltzer moving the goalposts so that AEW win every week, but I’m intrigued to see what number they pull this week.

NXT drew 853,000 this week (+234,000 from last week) without AEW against them, but AEW are running a taped show in a different time slot and could be delayed if the NBA Play-Off goes to Overtime. If they get much of a delay, then their taped main event will then going head to head against the start of a live/mostly live* NXT Takeover.

*I’m not sure if Adam Cole v Pat McAfee has been taped

Edited by WyattSheepMask