The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

The best Havoc ever looked in AEW was when he did a run-in in a blood spattered white suit. Covered up his body, gave him loads of pockets for plunder, and was a good contrast to his potato-faced goth head. Instead, he insisted on spraying greasy lycra over his folds and showing off his bandy white arms.

No great loss. There was no defined Hardcore division, what with Janela moving to tags and Allin moving up the card. He clearly didn't have the self awareness to change his look despite his body changing in the last 10 years, or the charisma or angles to merit screen time. He was unnecessary filler regardless of the wider situation.

Wonder if he'll be knocking on Progress' door again.

Re: TV readiness, and a bunch of mates cheering you in a social club not being the same, you might as well be talking about all of Britwres.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

I’d go with a heel Kenny taking the belt from Mox after turning on and injuring Hangman. Then later have Hangman return and eventually take the title from Kenny 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, you could definitely do that. I feel like if you want to strap a rocket to hangman I think he needs two big feuds before he wins the belt and Kenny is the obvious first one. 

• Paid Members

I’d go with a heel Kenny taking the belt from Mox after turning on and injuring Hangman. Then later have Hangman return and eventually take the title from Kenny 🤷‍♂️

Double post 

Edited by Duke
Just the worst

• Paid Members

Sorry

Edited by Duke
I'm very passionate about this topic

• Paid Members

* Tully Blanchard's promo during the otherwise pretty rubbish tag-team appreciation bit was GOLD. He had me believing he could kick my ass, their asses, everyone's asses. Makes you wonder what might have happened if he hadn't been virtually blackballed for being a cokehead back in the day.

* Chris Jerich-no. Yeah, he's fifty years old and probably has Covid, but Jericho was NOT at the races this week, taking flat back bumps for Dragon Screws and falling the wrong way for OC's mousetrap finisher. It's a measure of OC's quality that he managed to make it look okay but they just did not gel well at all, and the finish had to be rushed before the fell off the air. It happens, but at least OC got the big win and the big $7000.

* "That was a $200 silk shirt!"

* The Dark Order are becoming a tidy little stable, and Evil Uno & Stu "Fuck off JR" Grayson are showing the form they apparently had before I started watching wrestling again. Brodie Lee has me even a slightly bit excited for a Cody title defense, and there's a storyline bubbling involving NINE, apparently. Yeah, even NINE has better stories than the women.

* The women's division is really struggling and it's almost as if they're of the mind that the matches on Dark and on the Deadly Draw make up for the lack of women's involvement on the main show. I don't want to care so much about this but there's the nuggets of a good division, even if Riho & Yuki are stuck in Japan, and Britt & Kris Stadt are injured. Heather Monroe was OKAY but okay's not good enough for national TV.

* There are times when you look at Luchasaurus and wonder just how the WWE let him go and then you remember that he's only actually 6' 5" but looks much bigger here. Anyway, the Jurassic Express are such a great unit, with Marko managing to be both lovable AND make you smile when Kenny Omega kills him.

* The TNT title isn't working. At heart, a TV title should be a stepping stone, for wrestlers not ready for the main event scene, and it has been that except that the champion is a main-eventer and so it's unlikely any of them will ever beat him, especially when it's used to put him in programs. The old TV title rule of six wins and out should be brought back, and Cody should move on to not being involved in the world title picture.

* I love MJF but the whole MJF 2020 thing is off. I get that it plays to his strengths but Mox is a weird target for these attacks and it's an odd fit for me.

4 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Spoilers for next Saturday have leaked on Reddit, just a warning for anyone that uses it that doesn't want to accidentally come across it like I have. 

I'm not sure how legitimate these spoilers are. A few sites have taken the articles down, and the Reddit post was apparently deleted? 

On 8/14/2020 at 6:57 PM, Linus said:

* There are times when you look at Luchasaurus and wonder just how the WWE let him go and then you remember that he's only actually 6' 5" but looks much bigger here. Anyway, the Jurassic Express are such a great unit, with Marko managing to be both lovable AND make you smile when Kenny Omega kills him.

After Googling, I discovered that makes him the same height as Randy Orton and Edge, which is kinda mind blowing for me.   They’re both deceptively tall, while Luchasaurus, as you say, is deceptively normal sized by WWE standards. 

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

After Googling, I discovered that makes him the same height as Randy Orton and Edge, which is kinda mind blowing for me.   They’re both deceptively tall, while Luchasaurus, as you say, is deceptively normal sized by WWE standards. 

He's billed as shorter than Batista, who he's taller then. He's got quite a bit on Triple H as well, who he's officially only 2cm taller than. All three of them tower over Michaels/Flair.

It makes it interesting having a bit of a reset after decades of the land of the giants of WWE. If Randy Orton and Edge are that height, but never really coming across as it, what's the point in stacking your roster with giants? It takes away from the giants and makes it feel less like a selling point.

I skimmed through what I think is last weeks episode earlier (the Bischoff one).

I haven't seen any AEW since the PPV which had Dustin vs Cody and like WWE, it's not for me any more.

Anyhow, quick question - is there a reason that Silver and Reynolds enter the ring without masks the put them on? I don't think it was explained during the match.

• Paid Members
Just now, RoryFice said:

Anyhow, quick question - is there a reason that Silver and Reynolds enter the ring without masks the put them on? I don't think it was explained during the match.

Not directly. But then the masks appear to be a show of commitment rather than a must-have. Some members wear them all the time, some put them on to wrestle, and at least one doesn't wear one at all. Possibly partly that they were a team before they joined the Order - it's not meant to be a mystery who they are. They're wearing them as an affiliation point.

2 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Not directly. But then the masks appear to be a show of commitment rather than a must-have. Some members wear them all the time, some put them on to wrestle, and at least one doesn't wear one at all. Possibly partly that they were a team before they joined the Order - it's not meant to be a mystery who they are. They're wearing them as an affiliation point.

Cheers.

I can only assume then that it is meant to be slightly vague and uncertain to get the regular fans thinking for a longer term storyline?

As a lapsed long term wrestling fan I was thinking either Al Snow as Avatar or the Killer Bees (then I noticed one of the AEW lads had long hair but not the other)

JR might like drowning puppies, but I hope someone does it to him next time he says “Stu ‘Dont Call me Dick’ Grayson”

And fuck the Young Bucks. That segment with FTR, Arn & Tully and the Rock n Roll Express was fucking ludicrous. I get that it was to turn FTR and have them say that they’re actually the best team while everyone else is rimming the Bucks, but fuck me if Matt Jackson wasn’t loving every second of being told how great he is. How can two such insufferable pricks possibly be babyfaces

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, RoryFice said:

Cheers.

I can only assume then that it is meant to be slightly vague and uncertain to get the regular fans thinking for a longer term storyline?

As a lapsed long term wrestling fan I was thinking either Al Snow as Avatar or the Killer Bees (then I noticed one of the AEW lads had long hair but not the other)

I'm not sure I see the confusion. They're pretty clearly members of the Dark Order. They make a point of putting the masks on when they wrestle. They're a lower/mid-card level team, but keeping their identities.

It's a bit like looking at the nWo and going 'So why is the sixth member called Syxx, but the seventh member isn't called Seven? Are we supposed to be figuring out a longer-term storyline here?'