The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

13 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Probably. 

Do we reckon  MJF is taking the title? I enjoy his act but I hope not. He's a fantastic mid card heel but I don't buy him as a main eventer and his ring work definitely isn't strong enough. He feels more like the next Miz to me (I 100% mean that as a compliment btw).

Initially I thought he was, and I’d not be against it if he did but I’m starting to have my doubts. Moxley is doing a brilliant job as champion, and I think they might keep the belt on him for quite a long time. 

20 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Probably. 

Do we reckon  MJF is taking the title? I enjoy his act but I hope not. He's a fantastic mid card heel but I don't buy him as a main eventer and his ring work definitely isn't strong enough. He feels more like the next Miz to me (I 100% mean that as a compliment btw).

His in-ring is bang average. He clearly has a lot of confidence on the mic, but he isn’t something that hasn’t been seen a load of times before, it’s just that he’s borrowed bits and bobs from here and everywhere. Your Miz comparison is pretty spot on.

As for @Supremo mentioning Hangman Page - he has a feud with Kenny Omega to get through (and win) before he can take the title, but I’d certainly put the belt on him before MJF.

The test is going to be what they do with Moxley between then if he isn’t dropping the belt to MJF, who do you feud him with? Cody can’t challenge without retconning that stipulation, he’s beaten Brodie Lee and Brian Cage, so do you being someone else in?

Yeah, good riddance to all three of those. 

Wonder how this might affect PAC though, since they are all from the UK/would need visas. 

I know Tony Khan said recently that he misses PAC and wants him back sooner rather than later, but how long can they continue to pay him to sit at home?

How long before he's realistically able to commute back and forth for their shows? Or would he temporarily stay in the US? Would that even be possible? 

• Paid Members

Havoc gone makes sense, even without everything else he sucked. Pretty sure they only hired Priestley as a way to warm up and eventually sign Ospreay which hopefully they've now gone off that idea because he's a terrible person (and good for me because I despise him as a wrestler).

Can’t even remember Sadie Gibbs being on the show, and fuck the other two. Priestly can stay in Japan with Osprey and let’s see who books Havoc, because you know someone will.

PAC seems to have been good with his money so he’ll probably be OK for a while, but with the situation being what it is and if he’s only on a one year deal, perhaps they’ll let that expire so that he can whatever Indies he’s able to and then sign him back once he’s able to travel back to the US. I can’t see them wanting to release him if he’s on a multi-year deal though, and if they were to release him due to something that he has no control over would be a massively cunty move.

• Paid Members

Havoc and PAC shouldn't even be in the same conversation. They're opposite ends of the spectrum. Frankly, Jimmy in his bin bag gear was lucky to last as long as he did, whereas PAC is so great that I'd keep the door open and continue to pay him for decades if needs be. He's the best. One of the biggest tragedies in Covid-era pro-wrestling was that Death Triangle stopped just as it started. That trio could've been incredible.

• Paid Members

For that PPV match with Orange Cassidy alone PAC should have been offered a new contract worth millions. In fact, scratch that - he should’ve been made an EVP. Still my match of the year by far.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Probably. 

I really hope not. I'm not a fan of MJF, and don't think he's the right guy to be carrying the company at all. I expect he'll lose, and then start trying to goad Cody into a TNT title match, probably end up taking that from him. 

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Can’t even remember Sadie Gibbs being on the show, and fuck the other two. Priestly can stay in Japan with Osprey and let’s see who books Havoc, because you know someone will.

I think Sadie had two matches on Dark, but mostly will be remembered for the pre-show Battle Royal at All Out, where Bea stiffed her, sandbagged her on a gorilla press, and was generally uncooperative. 

Gibbs was a poor wrestler, she got by on flips and a pretty face but when you actually watched her you realised she didn't really have a clue. From the look of her twitter she appears to be moving on from wrestling,

I always felt havoc wouldn't last long,  more because of his drunken behaviour rather than the actual reason of his release. He always seemed to have friends in high places in AEW who believed in him, hence why he wasn't released right away.

Oh well, his legacy will always be getting beaten in a shoot fight by a commentator.

• Paid Members

I didn’t even understand what that finish to Jericho vs. Cassidy was supposed to be until seeing this Tweet. Watching them back to back, there’s no argument that Jericho was at fault.

Jericho really looked his age in that match, screwing loads of things up and looking out of shape to the point where it’s affecting his performance.

Maybe cut back on the Covid parties, Chris?