The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

This crossed my mind the other day and is pretty relevant seeing as there have been a few comments on the missing parts of the roster due to Coronavirus restrictions. I'm trying to think who hasn't been about. Most of the roster have reappeared such as The Young Bucks and Lucha Bros (although have the Lucha Bros gone again?). The only one I could really think of was Pac but there must be more.

I was about to say Jack Evans and Angelico but they reappeared on Dark at the end of last month. There's a few women like Riho, Yuka and Emi Sakura stuck in Japan and Bea Priestley was being used again on TV a second before the lockdown. I haven't seen Shanna about and she was getting used quite a bit before it also.

15 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I was about to say Jack Evans and Angelico but they reappeared on Dark at the end of last month. There's a few women like Riho, Yuka and Emi Sakura stuck in Japan and Bea Priestley was being used again on TV a second before the lockdown. I haven't seen Shanna about and she was getting used quite a bit before it also.

I quite enjoyed the Shanna/Nyla mini feud. Shanna showed promise imo.

Maybe I'm being unfair but going from Riho to Nyla and then straight to Shida gives off the impression that the division is basically Kenny's vanity project being built around his mates.

Making Stardom their priority was a smart move on Bea and Hayter's part.

They'll almost certainly be thrown into the top end of the card if/when they can return and have a built in feud with the current tag team champions (Bea and Hayter were stripped of the belts due to the pandemic) waiting for them.

• Paid Members

I watched the first few minutes of BTE on the video above and i tapped out after the NXT / Crashmat jibe. I get that its all about insider terms and 'shots' thrown out, but that kind of stuff just really isn't for me. I'm sick to death of the 'demo' and ratings talk, its boring as shit and makes no odds to me whether a show is enjoyable or not. 

I can't work out at the moment whether its the current product that im just not invested in anymore or wrestling as a whole. I have more time on my hands than ever to watch wrestling, yet all I can actually keep my attention on for more than a few minutes is finding our whats happened on shows via Ups and Downs on What Culture. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I watched the first few minutes of BTE on the video above and i tapped out after the NXT / Crashmat jibe. I get that its all about insider terms and 'shots' thrown out, but that kind of stuff just really isn't for me. I'm sick to death of the 'demo' and ratings talk, its boring as shit and makes no odds to me whether a show is enjoyable or not. 

It's a sketch show - that's not what they mostly or even constantly do. The opening sketch tends to be the most overtly shots/current event gags, to be fair.

Adam Page's deadpan delivery makes The Elite sections so much better, I just can't stand Omega and The Bucks' style of humour a lot of the time, it's sub-WWE bad at times. The Dark Order stuff is goofy but works, I don't mind little bits seeping in to Dynamite as long as it doesn't get too silly on TV. Have they finished with the Private Party skits? They were fucking dreadful, they're a team that need a serious filter over everything they do.

Sad how bad Jack Evans is these days, he was always entertaining as fuck and he’s just not now. I guess it’s reasonable that his stuff is less crisp given the style he wrestled for so long but I don’t understand how his personality is so bland now.

43 minutes ago, danlewis said:

Sad how bad Jack Evans is these days, he was always entertaining as fuck and he’s just not now. I guess it’s reasonable that his stuff is less crisp given the style he wrestled for so long but I don’t understand how his personality is so bland now.

I'm actually a fan of his mid match trash talking but fucking hell he's a shit promo.