The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

13 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Probably. 

Do we reckon  MJF is taking the title? I enjoy his act but I hope not. He's a fantastic mid card heel but I don't buy him as a main eventer and his ring work definitely isn't strong enough. He feels more like the next Miz to me (I 100% mean that as a compliment btw).

I thought the Jungle Boy and squash matches were great. I'm anxious to see him with Moxley and where he's at as a potential AEW main eventer, cos I'm still not sure. The Cody mach was forgettable but I blame Cody for that. He sure doesn't feel like a credible champion in terms of the booking, and that's fine, he's 24 years old and already fucking great. Hope he pulls back on the Russo shoot style shit though.

Does anybody else love Wardlow? I'm as excited for him as I am MJF. Think he's looked great in everything he's done so far.

32 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Sadie Gibbs had a bad reputation wherever she worked from most reports so I was surprised she got signed in the first place but when she didn’t really work any dates for them it was obvious why.

Only story I remember about Gibbs was apparently ditching a Stardom tour due to a death in the family, followed by Bea and Will putting the boot in on social media like a pair of cunts.

Anyway Bea being ditched pretty much confirms to me that she was probably only signed to get on Will's good side.

Always felt like Bea is pushed well above her actual skill level. Earliest memory I have of her work was when she bust up Momo Watanabe's mouth in a tag match.

Don't think she's as bad as others do (seemed to finally find herself teaming with Hayter) but she's easily one of the most overrated people in wrestling.

Accusations that she was being uncooperative with Gibbs in AEW certainly didn't help matters.

Havok's release is the least surprising of the lot. He was obviously out the door when it broke that he ran off to rehab instead of facing the music.

4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I think Sadie had two matches on Dark

There was definitely more than that, but the matches were edited to shreds to the point they made absolutely no sense to the viewer, giant chunks missing, seemingly because they were such a clusterfuck there was no salvaging them. That or just super lazy editing, most likely a bit of both. She was absolutely not TV ready, certainly not live TV ready. Think she got heat in that stupid 'hasn't paid their dues' mentality from other wrestlers, but didn't help herself much in the process either.  The post after yours is fairly accurate really. Think it was those points and that Jericho likes his blondes and the idea of giving her some speaking out material. Those seem like some very sensible releases to be honest, as they seemed like quite mental signings to begin with.

48 minutes ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

There was definitely more than that, but the matches were edited to shreds to the point they made absolutely no sense to the viewer, giant chunks missing, seemingly because they were such a clusterfuck there was no salvaging them. That or just super lazy editing, most likely a bit of both. She was absolutely not TV ready, certainly not live TV ready. Think she got heat in that stupid 'hasn't paid their dues' mentality from other wrestlers, but didn't help herself much in the process either.  The post after yours is fairly accurate really. Think it was those points and that Jericho likes his blondes and the idea of giving her some speaking out material. Those seem like some very sensible releases to be honest, as they seemed like quite mental signings to begin with.

Anybody who actually watched her matches (instead of gifs) prior to her getting signed  would have seen she was nowhere near ready, she was green as grass, this is pretty much the reason wwe passed on her.

I think its a HUGE problem with a lot of fans, they see a wrestler do a couple of good moves and they instantly think they are amazing and deserve a contract. Some of the names I've seen recommended for WWE/AEW on twitter are dam right embarrassing, there is a HUGE level of difference between wrestling in a social club to wrestling in an arena for television. (nothing wrong with wrestling in a social club btw) 

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Supremo said:

Adam Page is the one who should be dethroning Mox.

Absolutely not. Mox should lose to a heel Cody. Page should then beat him after beating heel Omega as the dragon. Page needs to beat a hated dreadful heel, not the top baby-face. 

4 minutes ago, Duke said:

Absolutely not. Mox should lose to a heel Cody. Page should then beat him after beating heel Omega as the dragon. Page needs to beat a hated dreadful heel, not the top baby-face. 

I’d go with a heel Kenny taking the belt from Mox after turning on and injuring Hangman. Then later have Hangman return and eventually take the title from Kenny 🤷‍♂️

• Paid Members

Yeah I agree with that. Heel Kenny as Champ feels like the right way to go and an eventual match with mega babyface challenger Page is just perfect storytelling. 

Also....heel Cody as World Champ, no thanks. Perfect as TNT Champ though.

Edited by LaGoosh

50 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Presumably Bea ends up back at STARDOM (you know, one day...). Be interesting to see what this means if anything, for Hayter. 

Can't see Havoc going without bookings either. 

Oh Bea is definitely going back to Stardom once she's able and I'd be shocked if they didn't bring Hayter back.

• Paid Members

So AEW allowed up to 150 fans to be in attendance for Dynamite, positioned away from the Covid tested wrestlers. The fans were temperature tested and had to wear masks.

I'm not sure on the size of Dailys Place, but can imagine, provided that social distancing was used, 150 sounds a lot but would actually be quite easy to distance, especially with it being open air.

Surprised WWE didn't rush to it first and wonder what the reaction would have been had it been them (outside of the PC setting).