The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Justin Roberts is the fucking worst and should be sacked (and blackballed from the business because he's a nonce cunt).

Cage has got Melissa Santos sitting at home, bring her in. She's really really good and spectacularly fit, plus she's actually a pretty good actress if they ever wanted to use her for an angle.

32 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Completely agree. I felt the main event whilst fun lacked something. Not sure Cassidy and Jericho gelled as well as I had hoped. looked a bit sloppy at times. However, I enjoyed the tags and TNT match,  MJF was amazing, and that easter egg in his entrance referring to his past "chef's kiss". Be interesting to see if being pre-empted next week for the NBA giving NXT a free run will affect the ratings going forward?

Jericho has always been a slow cruiserweight, but now he has to keep up with guys who either weren't wrestling or weren't alive when he was in his prime, and he seems reluctant to change up his style. Shame because his work against mysterio 10 years ago is the perfect template for these matches..... 

15 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Justin Roberts is the fucking worst and should be sacked (and blackballed from the business because he's a nonce cunt).

Cage has got Melissa Santos sitting at home, bring her in. She's really really good and spectacularly fit, plus she's actually a pretty good actress if they ever wanted to use her for an angle.

Melissa Santos was god awful when she did pwg a couple of years ago, shame because she was one of the best things about lucha underground. 

Another decent show, albeit not one of their best. But they always make it watchable which is more you can say for Raw a lot of the time lately.

Definitely feeling the same as others though - there's stuff going on that they really need to pull the trigger on soon. It's starting to get dangerously close to being dragged out too much.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

I thought that other than Tully's promo the Bucks/FTR segment was pretty shit. And then the spike piledriver. Oof. Beautiful stuff.

Both times they've brought in the Rock N Roll Express for stuff like this, it's made me want to see them wrestle the heels, rather than the teams they're trying to put over. Ricky Morton is still so good. 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

Melissa Santos was god awful when she did pwg a couple of years ago, shame because she was one of the best things about lucha underground. 

It was a one off, last minute replacement and it was clear she was (or had been) completely unprepared.

As for nepotism, she's absolutely fantastic at ring announcing and great on telly so who cares. Even if she wasn't with Cage she would still absolutely deserve the job.

As for the show, they still really really need to give Lance Archer something proper to do. He's so good.

And no sign of Eddie Kingston yet, hopefully they have something planned for him and he isn't just chucked on Dark.

Edited by LaGoosh

12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

It was a one off, last minute replacement and it was clear she was (or had been) completely unprepared.

As for nepotism, she's absolutely fantastic at ring announcing and great on telly so who cares. Even if she wasn't with Cage she would still absolutely deserve the job.

As for the show, they still really really need to give Lance Archer something proper to do. He's so good.

And no sign of Eddie Kingston yet, hopefully they have something planned for him and he isn't just chucked on Dark.

I hope you're right, like I said she was a highlight of LU, And a scripted environment should suit her better, I'd be all for giving her a shot. 

I assume they're holding off on Kingston till after the ppv, I always hate when guys debut before a ppv that they're not on. 

Edited by poetofthedeed

• Paid Members

Jericho seemed massively off throughout the match, they seemed to bitch a dragon screw on his leg three times in a row by him just falling to the ground instead of the usual spin bump with it. Even the pin at the end seemed botched with Jericho seemingly not knowing where he was supposed to be going or doing.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Jericho seemed massively off throughout the match, they seemed to bitch a dragon screw on his leg three times in a row by him just falling to the ground instead of the usual spin bump with it. Even the pin at the end seemed botched with Jericho seemingly not knowing where he was supposed to be going or doing.

I couldn't work out if it was they way OC would do those moves, because he's lazy doing them gimmick wise, or if Jericho just didn't know what to do. Because they did that spot 3 times, I am think it is the former, but not sure.

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Definitely feeling the same as others though - there's stuff going on that they really need to pull the trigger on soon. It's starting to get dangerously close to being dragged out too much.

I might be alone in this, but I quite like the way they’re gradually planting the seeds for, presumably, a stable involving Cody, FTR and perhaps Spears. It feels like they’re creating an explanation as to why these wrestlers will end up working as a unit rather than just lumping them together suddenly one day. 

The slow heel turn from Kenny is really working for me too. 

At the same time, nothing feels cut and dry. Kenny and Cody both turning heel at the same time without having any connection to one another feels unlikely. A turn for The Bucks doesn’t feel out of the question. Could the heel faction essentially end up being a heel version of The Elite? The build up to whatever they have planned will make the eventual outcome feel incredibly satisfying for me.

I thought this show was a blast, and the only downside for me was that they advertised a QT Marshall match for next week. Everything else about the show was great, and I can’t wait for Lee/Cody which, to be honest, I thought was going to be the TNT title PPV match.

I enjoyed Jericho/Cassidy although I think it’s fair to say it wasn’t as good as their first encounter. But it didn’t have to be. It looks like it was essentially laying the groundwork for a blow-off match at All Out, which I’m really looking forward to. Sure it was rough at times, but I enjoyed the outcome enough not to be bothered by that.

Edited by RedRooster

Tully Blanchard is the best and stole the show easily this week. Him snatching the mic off Morton and shitting on the syrupy back patting was glorious and had me sat up laughing and clapping the rest of the segment. Criminal how little they've used him since the inception of AEW. To me, this was them kicking off the new heel faction, with Tully, Spears and FTR as the first members, although I could be miles off on that. 

Bucks vs Dark Order was really fun. Order as a whole is all over the place in terms of quality but I've always liked Grayson and Uno in-ring, and this was (mostly) an exciting traditional tag match, with heat, baby in peril, cut-off, hot tags, the lot!

Usually love MJF but he misfired big time here. Felt like every bad WWE promo - scripted, overlong and honestly kind of boring. Shame. Moxley's attack at the end was great though.

What was that about with Frankie Kazarian? I thought they should have showed him watching the Scorpio Sky match instead of the tag match. Was Tony's "interesting" comment meant as a teaser for him joining Page/Omega, or whoever else is gonna be a part of this faction? Does anybody give a shit about Frankie Kazarian?

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members

Probably. 

Do we reckon  MJF is taking the title? I enjoy his act but I hope not. He's a fantastic mid card heel but I don't buy him as a main eventer and his ring work definitely isn't strong enough. He feels more like the next Miz to me (I 100% mean that as a compliment btw).

• Paid Members

The first promo MJF cut on Mox felt like a main eventer who could take the Title. Everything since though, all the campaign stuff, it’s great fun, but it doesn’t feel like top guy stuff. I think he’s going to be one of their biggest stars eventually, but much like Jungle Boy it’d be too soon for it to happen now.

Adam Page is the one who should be dethroning Mox.

But yeah - as has already been said, the two biggest takeaways from this show were how desperately they need to pull some type of trigger with Omega and co. and how wasted Tully is just sitting in the crowd most weeks with Spears. He’s fantastic.

Edited by Supremo