The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Cobbs debut in LU is still the best I've seen in wrestling in a decade or more. Incredible vignettes for weeks (months?) followed by him finally being unveiled looking like the baddest monster heel ever. I miss LU so much. 

It was over a year of vignettes! Absolutely love Matanza, couldn't give a flying fuck about Jeff Cobb.

12 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Mil Muertes looked like the scariest, biggest guy in wrestling in Lucha Underground. The guy is 5 foot 9. The production level at LU was absolutely unreal.

Mill Muertes is only 5 foot 9? I refuse to believe that!! The guy is a monster! That is amazing production/camera trickery by LU if that is a case. 

What happened to LU? Why did they close doors? Did Rodriguez cancel the show on his El Rey network? I remember reading that the backers decided to stop pumping money in, but who were the backers and why did they stop?

42 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Kingston Vs. Mox could really be something if they ever go down that road.

Forgot for a minute and thought you meant Kofi which was not something I was expecting anyone to want.

Eddie and Mox would be a phenomenal battle of promos and I'm sure they'd damn well destroy each other in the ring.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Mill Muertes is only 5 foot 9? I refuse to believe that!! The guy is a monster! That is amazing production/camera trickery by LU if that is a case. 

What happened to LU? Why did they close doors? Did Rodriguez cancel the show on his El Rey network? I remember reading that the backers decided to stop pumping money in, but who were the backers and why did they stop?

A load of reasons, really. Budget cuts from the backers led to a shorter filming schedule which pissed off the show runners, low ratings, power struggles between the executives, unhappy wrestlers locked into ridiculous contracts they couldn't get out of, different creative visions from the producers. The backers were a mix of MGM Studios, El Rey, a Mexican TV station, AAA and it was very much a too many cooks situation and ownership of the rights (and the ability to profit from them) became a massive point of contention. 

Been completely out the loop with AEW (and wrestling in general) since lock down. Been meaning for weeks to watch some. Finally got round to watching this weeks Dynamite. Great episode. The Kingston promo at the start was brilliant. Butcher/Blade vs Bucks was all kinds of fun. Got my interest back now. Dark worth watching again? 

11 hours ago, Only_The_Strong_Survive said:

Been completely out the loop with AEW (and wrestling in general) since lock down. Been meaning for weeks to watch some. Finally got round to watching this weeks Dynamite. Great episode. The Kingston promo at the start was brilliant. Butcher/Blade vs Bucks was all kinds of fun. Got my interest back now. Dark worth watching again? 

Dark is still pretty missable to be honest. Though they do sometimes run angles and storylines on there, there is rarely anything must see.

I always skim through Dark. I wish it would go back to 45 mins tops. Last weeks had some good stuff on it though storyline wise. Starks finisher on the big black guy was particularly impressive. Tino Sabbatelli of all people turned up!

4 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Dark is still pretty missable to be honest. Though they do sometimes run angles and storylines on there, there is rarely anything must see.

I imagine it's become more missable since Covid, so I can forgive that a bit. But it was a shame, they had a few cracking matches occasionally. 

However AEW does need a little quality control, I have seen some fucking dross on that show as well as great promise.

Good Dynamite. Kingstons promo was real. He'd be a great 3rd man for a good tag team or even reunite him with his old team in the inner circle. Great talker, can be of use in a hardcore environment too. Those plucked eyebrows though? take away some of the meanness.

Young Bucks vs Butcher/Blade falls count anywhere was loadsa fun. An enjoyable fun match, and thats all wrestling needs to be at times.

Jurassic Express and Inner circle again fun. Was surprised to see Luchasaurs take the cover, he's taken a few recently. Great to see Sammy back.

Going for some real slow story telling with Hangman & Omega along with FTR and elite. Hopefully by the time the trigger is pulled fans are in. 

Overall a great show.