Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

All opinions of course, but this week was far better.

It was. I just mean that what some people thought was bad last week wasn't the type of thing to make any kind of difference negatively in the short term, so whatever issues people had with the show evidently weren't big deals to the public at large. Therefore, it wasn't really that bad.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Just now, Liam O'Rourke said:

It was. I just mean that what some people thought was bad last week wasn't the type of thing to make any kind of difference negatively in the short term, so whatever issues people had with the show evidently weren't big deals to the public at large. Therefore, it wasn't really that bad.

It's an odd one - could probably say it was bad, just not bad enough to destroy trust amongst the fanbase that it was anything more than a blip.

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

It was. I just mean that what some people thought was bad last week wasn't the type of thing to make any kind of difference negatively in the short term, so whatever issues people had with the show evidently weren't big deals to the public at large. Therefore, it wasn't really that bad.

Considering it seemed to mainly be things like 'But Moxley put the armbar on the wrong arm' and 'Two people got liquid poured on them two segments in a row', I don't think it was going to be a major turn-off.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

It's an odd one - could probably say it was bad, just not bad enough to destroy trust amongst the fanbase that it was anything more than a blip.

I don't even see how the show can categorise as bad. There was stuff on it I didn't like, certainly, but I've seen a lot of bad wrestling shows, and none of them had stuff as good as the best of last week. 

Posted

AEW has announced that Cody’s next TNT title challenger is Warhorse:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1286753352706150400

I’d not heard of this guy up until this week, when a small army of people tweeted their disappointment that the surprise challenger was not him.

Is this one of these ‘if you watched BTE you’d know who he was’ types? Or is he an indie sensation that has passed me by?

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Is this one of these ‘if you watched BTE you’d know who he was’ types? Or is he an indie sensation that has passed me by?

He hasn't been mentioned on BTE. I don't really think BTE have done much in the way of introducing people who haven't been on TV, outside of their first shows when BTE was one of their only real ways of hyping things up.

  • Paid Members
Posted

A note on WARHORSE: he's a good (not great) worker who has a great grip on his gimmick, a VERY METAL maniac. If Cody leans into the fun, it'll be a cool little match.

  • Paid Members
Posted

That Jericho top is pretty funny tbf. I wouldn't dare wear it but fair play because they know who their fans are and they definitely will.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...