The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

15 minutes ago, Nick James said:
Jon Moxley in slating and talking about WWE shocker. The guy seriously just needs to let it go, it's been over a year since he worked there.

But AEW’s audience eats that sort of shit up, they love to hear how much of an out of touch maniac Vince is compared to a real wrestling promoter like their boy Tony.

Its not just about letting it go, and “talking about WWE”- he was on the main roster for 7 years, plus another 2 or so in developmental, do you want him to just pretend he was happy and that everything was sunshine & rainbows for that near decade part of his life?

Shows like that thrive on people slating WWE, the whole Shoot Interview section of the industry is build on people dishing the dirt or tearing it to shreds. It’s why guys like Russo and Cornette have a new Podcast most days of the week

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Yeah, audiences love to hear that shit. For me, once is enough and unless it's something super-interesting and new, I don't tend to dip into that well too often. Especially when you know most of these guys would go back. There aren't many that genuinely stay away.

But good for him. I'm glad AEW is a better fit for him and he's enjoying what he does again.

It's not like he's ranting on his Facebook or Instagram though is he, these interviewers will keep asking him the same questions about WWE because it makes good soundbites and is easy clickbait to get folk to listen to their show. How's he supposed to respond, just sit there in silence?

At least it's better than on some shoots where folk daren't slag WWE off because they don't want to lose a potential future payday. Moxley seems to genuinely not give two fucks, he's made his bed and is happy to shit in it so fair play to him.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, cobra_gordo said:

At least it's better than on some shoots where folk daren't slag WWE off because they don't want to lose a potential future payday. Moxley seems to genuinely not give two fucks, he's made his bed and is happy to shit in it so fair play to him.

I don't think its as bad for that nowadays though.

That was true 4 years ago, pre-AEW when Impact was on the verge of going out of business and ROH weren't really pulling up any trees either.

Thing change, heck, the WWE wouldn;t even consider hiring TNA wrestlers at one point then, low and behold, a third of their roster was once employed by Dixie Carter.

But there are so many options out there now, wrestlers can be more free to say what they like. The WWE knows this too and would be cutting off their noses to spite their face in rejecting talent who may have said something derogatory on a podcast two years earlier.

They'd still take Moxley back in a heartbeat. In the same way they took back Bruno, DiBiase, Warrior etc who spent years slagging them off.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

It’s a good thing, especially during a pandemic, that the pro-wrestling industry is so healthy and vibrant that so many guys can make a living. And maybe they’ll make me look a dickhead by being huge successes, but seriously. Imagine having a roster this bloated and then still thinking you need to sign Zack Ryder and the shit one out of the Funkadactyls.

AEW Dark is going to end up being six hours long each week just to get everyone some ring time.

Best thing on the show by miles was the MJF thing, simply for the fact that it was a trigger finally being pulled. Hopefully we see more going forward.

Edited by Supremo

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Imagine having a roster this bloated and then still thinking you need to sign Zack Ryder

Agreed, also does every ex WWE mid card guy have to debut in the same way? 

• fired from WWE

• Face being attacked

• New signing makes save

• New signing takes off top to show how much juice they have been on in the 90 days. 

• Either at the time of debut or the week after they cut a promo with a dig about being overlooked etc. 

I feel like I have seen it hundreds of times, but only with the mid carder's. 

Other than that another enjoyable show, I am no AEW fan boy and can see the many faults it has but it is head and shoulders above WWE in terms of being an enjoyable show to watch. 

At least I was curious about what they'd do with Matt Hardy, even if I thought it wouldn't work. I couldn't care less about Ryder. He was lucky to be employed that long by WWE. They've got more than enough people on the roster to try and build up without him being there. He's not the kinda guy you want to be putting over your own talent so I'm not sure what they'll do with him.

So this Women’s Tag Tournament is a Lethal Lottery format- gee, I wonder if mortal enemies will end up teaming together. “This is the one thing we didn’t want to happen”

All those wrestlers desperate for work, and they go and sign the shit one from the Funkodactyles

I’ll admit from the start I’ve supported Ryder from the YouTube era and now enjoy his podcast so I bring bias, but I am interested in seeing what he can do rather than what he’s been told to do for years. He has a passion for wrestling, and seems determined to make a change, he was already not planning to renew his contract so wanted out( which I don’t think is just lip service, he’s mentioned they pulled his figure from a release as he wasn’t renewing)  . Will see how it goes with him, if it’s just a turn on Cody for the TNT title that would be a bit boring. 

on the bloated roster, wonder if a few of the lower cars guys will get dropped off when Indy shows pop up, or hey kept if new TNT show in the fall is longer and needs more bodies around 

• Paid Members

As far as I know, Cameron is just for the tourney and not signed. Happy to see Ryder there just to see if there's anything going on there at all without the Woo Woo Woo stuff.

• Paid Members

At least with Matt Hardy I’m still excited by the idea of a Hardy Compound match where Sammy Guevara gets chased by different vehicles. There’s almost nothing I can think of involving Ryder that I’d be intrigued to see. Fair play to him for getting so jacked, I guess. Between him and Heath Slater I think we can confirm no-one on a 90 day no-compete gets drug tested. But is there a single match-up that anyone finds particular exciting? He’s the next Shawn Spears. 

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So this Women’s Tag Tournament is a Lethal Lottery format- gee, I wonder if mortal enemies will end up teaming together. “This is the one thing we didn’t want to happen”

I loved the Lethal Lottery concept back in the day even if the matches were a bit naff for the most part.