The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

The division is weak though I'm not going to deny that and being honest I'm not convinced that management are even interested in making it a serious focal point.

The fact that Deonna Purazzo, Tenille Dashwood etc have all been available to snap up makes me suspect that you're right. If its just a box ticking exercise, why bother at all?

5 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

So how long before Ryder turns on Cody for a little fued and joins Tully and becoming a Dark tag-team with Spears?

Could be worse ideas than Spears, Ryder, Tully and Arn forming a new horsemen for Cody to feud with. Has a nice bit of history behind it. If I was not so invested in the Elite/FTR story I would love them to be part of it. 

I still hope Page Lariat's all of the Elites heads clean off and forms a trio team with FTR before he beats MJF (hopefully) for the big belt. 

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

AEW (being blunt any promotion outside of WWE) doesn't have a single woman that is even close to main event level so I can't really hold it against them that the women haven't main evented.

I think you can hold it against them. The AEW women's matches are often the weakest part of the show, and that isn't the case in WWE, Impact or NWA. The quality of that division and the way that the women who are part of it have been booked is absolutely the fault of AEW. The division should be better than it is. The booking has been, more often than not, consistently terrible and they've led genuine talents slip through their fingers. 

I also think that Baker/Shida for the title is one of the most compelling match options that they have, and they really should headline a Dynamite with that. 

Ryder has a big following and is solid. If they use him as the comedy midcard guy (would like a heel run to be honest) then he'll be an asset. Also he'll sell the shit out of their action figures so there is that

Edited by Factotum

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Ryder has a big following and is solid. If they use him as the comedy midcard guy (would like a heel run to be honest) then he'll be an asset. Also he'll plus the shit out of their action figures so theres that

Actually, that's a point. They should try and get Don West if they can - guy's a selling machine. Would make them a chunk of cash.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I think you can hold it against them. The AEW women's matches are often the weakest part of the show, and that isn't the case in WWE, Impact or NWA. The quality of that division and the way that the women who are part of it have been booked is absolutely the fault of AEW. The division should be better than it is. The booking has been, more often than not, consistently terrible and they've led genuine talents slip through their fingers. 

I also think that Baker/Shida for the title is one of the most compelling match options that they have, and they really should headline a Dynamite with that. 

Most AEW fans won't agree with me of course, but there is a part of me that's pretty glad that AEW hasn't got the women's side sorted. If the NWA (hoping they survive) and Impact have their own little niches, including decent women's divisions, then that's good in my book.

Its not like AEW will ever struggle for support, attention and column inches in the "WWE alternative" market is it?

Edited by garynysmon

Enjoyed it again this week.  Not excited about Cardona signing and thought it was a weak way to introduce him.  Maybe they plan on him turning on cody and then making a 4 horsemen style group out of everyone that's turned on Cody, with MJF as the leader! 

I like the way they promote upcoming dynamites too. 

The MJF address was the highlight of the night and should make for some great TV leading up to the PPV 

23 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So where was Excalibur this week?

Well, this has been going around again.

Apparently Excalibur and Steen regretted it right after and it was something The Human Tornado pushed for but you know.. if it's out there in 2020 you're fucked.

Edited by Merzbow

Yikes! I’ve never heard about that happening. At least his absence makes sense now and we’ll see how the higher-ups deal with it, but considering that Justin Roberts seems to have gotten away unpunished for his stuff, I reckon he’ll be gone for a few weeks and then brought back and move on

I made the mistake of reading some of the replies too, Wrestling fans really will defend anything it would seem

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Well, this has been going around again.

Apparently Excalibur and Steen regretted it right after and it was something The Human Tornado pushed for but you know.. if it's out there in 2020 you're fucked.

Shit I remember when this happened. Must have been 2005 or something. Excalibur apologised to the crowd either later on the show or on the next show two weeks later if I recall. Utterly dreadful and indefensible. I wouldn't expect Excalibur or Steen to defend it.

Edited by LaGoosh

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I made the mistake of reading some of the replies too, Wrestling fans really will defend anything it would seem

'It would have been agreed backstage'

'He is a heel'

'Wrestling is a performance and that was part of the show' 

'Excalibur has put black people over before' 

Something like that?

1 hour ago, Joe Blog said:

'It would have been agreed backstage'

'He is a heel'

'Wrestling is a performance and that was part of the show' 

'Excalibur has put black people over before' 

Something like that?

All except the last one, although I’m sure I’d come across that if I looked long enough.

Again no one is saying it was right what I’m saying is it was agreed upon to put on a show. The black guy was probably fine with it because he knows it’s an act and he’s getting paid. Do you get mad when an actor in a movie says the word?”

Edited by WyattSheepMask