Merzbow Posted November 25, 2024 Posted November 25, 2024 Pub closures are depressing as fuck but I got a slight chuckle out of the bootleg Peaky branded one in Brum town center getting the chop, absolutely awful place. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 25, 2024 7 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Pub closures are depressing as fuck but I got a slight chuckle out of the bootleg Peaky branded one in Brum town center getting the chop, absolutely awful place. There's one in Manchester, never seen anyone in. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted November 25, 2024 Posted November 25, 2024 If I was in charge of the government, I’d ban Peaky Blinders pubs and lookalike competitions and replace them with Satriale’s pork stores and Tony Soprano lookalike gatherings. The world would be a better place. Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted November 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 27, 2024 "The Prat Pack". That pretty much says it all. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 27, 2024 Let's chip in and buy @Astro Hollywood a ticket, he needs to be reviewing this. Quote
westlondonmist Posted November 27, 2024 Posted November 27, 2024 I've seen Prat Pack adverts on facebook. The replies, dear God. "Good old proper comedians", "this will upset the woke crowd", "I bet the venue cancels them". But it's actually a singing show. I don't actually mind Walsh as a tv show host but I don't want to see him sing, the other three I just don't really want to see. Surprised hey haven't released an album to buy for your aunt that you haven't seen in 20 years. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 27, 2024 Posted November 27, 2024 Proper comedians? I mean they're all the safest lot you could put together! Hardly Jim and Chubby is it. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted November 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 27, 2024 (edited) 6 minutes ago, westlondonmist said: "Good old proper comedians", "this will upset the woke crowd", "I bet the venue cancels them" I would imagine these are 4 of the safest pairs of hands you could corral outside of The Wiggles. Are they expecting a Chubby Brown routine? EDIT: Jinx, Davey B. Edited November 27, 2024 by Onyx2 Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted November 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 27, 2024 There's always a goon or several in the comments of a Youtube clip of any old comedy clip you'd care to mention whining predictably about "you couldn't get away with that these days". Saw exactly that in a comment about Four Candles, for fuck's sake. Quote
King Coconut Posted November 27, 2024 Posted November 27, 2024 I had vague memories of Conley blackfacing back in the day but can't find anything to corroborate it. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted November 27, 2024 Posted November 27, 2024 He used to be pretty dangerous, Brian, back in the day. (Sorry if this offends any of you wokies) Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted November 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 27, 2024 A reality TV series?! Good lord. Quote
westlondonmist Posted November 27, 2024 Posted November 27, 2024 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: Proper comedians? I mean they're all the safest lot you could put together! Hardly Jim and Chubby is it. Yeah that's what I was kind of getting at, these guys weren't really offensive or at least we're able to tone it down. Guys who were on celebrity squares (God I'm old) and pretty much family entertainment. Mind you Jim Davidson did Big Break and the Generation Game for years, so who knows? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.