Paid Members johnnyboy Posted October 5, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 5, 2024 3 hours ago, neil said: More due to the McGann Magic IMO Got to chalk some up to Honor Blackman's pensioner sultriness too. Quote
davertfnewman Posted October 5, 2024 Posted October 5, 2024 1 hour ago, johnnyboy said: Got to chalk some up to Honor Blackman's pensioner sultriness too. That's what my dad used to watch it for, obviously a Pussy Galore fan in his youth in retrospect. I couldn't get my head around it when Diane Weston was the younger model, but now I see it too. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted October 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 7, 2024 something Richard Osman once said on arch-centrist podcast The Rest Is Entertainment is that every few years there's a big fuss over, "they should bring back Bullseye!" (or any other game show), and it completely overlooks that someone did bring back that show, often multiple times, and nobody watched it. And they probably won't watch it this time either. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted October 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 7, 2024 People will tune in to gawk at Flintoff's mangled features after his Top Gear accident. He's likeable enough, and I'm sure he can have a decent bit of banter with the contestants. Can't be any worse than when Dave Spikey presented it. Or Steve Penk presenting Catchphrase. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 7, 2024 38 minutes ago, Jazzy G said: Or Steve Penk presenting Catchphrase. I thought I was in another timeline for a second, but I think you may have got confused with Nick Weir. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted October 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 7, 2024 Probably. I don't know how I made that confusion. Mark Curry wasn't bad when he presented it, but none of them were as good as Roy Walker. Quote
westlondonmist Posted October 7, 2024 Posted October 7, 2024 Watched some old bits back and Roy Walker could be a right cunt when people gave wrong answers, not just joking but outright cruel. Was quite funny actually. Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted October 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 7, 2024 (edited) Edited October 7, 2024 by Scratch Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted October 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 8, 2024 Oh yeah, because there wasn't enough Sealion Dion in the actual movie. The only thing that could make this unholy terror of a jukebox musical even slightly creative is if they set the flashback from the old lady up with It's All Coming Back To Me Now. Even then, Meatloaf did it better. Quote
westlondonmist Posted October 13, 2024 Posted October 13, 2024 I'm not usually a fan of Kunt, but Shannon Matthews the musical album is pretty funny. Might not work visually though Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted October 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 13, 2024 He's fantastic. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 16, 2024 Members Posted October 16, 2024 Each to their own but I can't think of many places I'd rather less go to. Quote
westlondonmist Posted October 16, 2024 Posted October 16, 2024 Must say I was always kind of sceptical that people would pay to watch that in an arena. But I suppose some people will be paid to be whipped and pissed on, so why not pay to watch these two and it seems a lot have. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.