Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 2, 2024 "From the visionary director of The Greatest Showman." Hoo boy. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 2, 2024 As I saw Megalopolis, I feel I need to see this too. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted October 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 2, 2024 I would say that looks like once in a lifetime shit, but we've already had Cats. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted October 2, 2024 Posted October 2, 2024 It'd only hit maximum shittage if he sung Rock DJ as a CGI Monkey. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted October 2, 2024 Moderators Posted October 2, 2024 Lego Pharrell > Monkey Robbie Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 2, 2024 It’s probably to show how mad and wacky he is and nothing to do with the fact hardly anyone knows him in the US. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted October 2, 2024 Moderators Posted October 2, 2024 I assumed the reason was so that he could play himself despite being old now. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted October 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 2, 2024 4 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said: Robbie Williams as a CGI Monkey, as a biopic. Further evidence that we're in one of the darker timelines. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 2, 2024 8 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: I assumed the reason was so that he could play himself despite being old now. Could be a bit of both Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted October 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 2, 2024 Apparently Simon Nye is attached to write that Cheers remake. Hopefully it's not as bad as what Americans do to our sitcoms. Quote
Chili Posted October 2, 2024 Posted October 2, 2024 21 minutes ago, Jazzy G said: Apparently Simon Nye is attached to write that Cheers remake. Hopefully it's not as bad as what Americans do to our sitcoms. Or what we sometimes do to theirs. We're not innocent of absolutely cracking up a yank show. Interestingly the Americans get a bit too much stick I always felt about retooling British shows. For every Men Behaving Badly or Coupling, they managed to adapt stuff like Steptoe and Man About the House for their cultures and tastes and made them work. I only just discovered the UK tried to do a version of The Golden Girls and it sounds bloody awful. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 2, 2024 6 minutes ago, Chili said: The Golden Girls and it sounds bloody awful. Brighton Belles if memory serves. It was during a period in the 90’s when ITV were obsessed with trying to get a remake of a US hit. Russ Abbott’s Married for Life (Married With Children), Days Like These (That 70’s Show) and the only one to be a success The Upper Hand (Who’s The Boss). Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted October 3, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 3, 2024 Also, the Archie Bunker series were based on the Alf Garnett ones, and were quite successful. Did the Yanks ever remake OFAH? I always felt that one would particularly appeal to American sensibilities and slot right into that whole American Dream narrative. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 3, 2024 Paid Members Posted October 3, 2024 29 minutes ago, Carbomb said: Also, the Archie Bunker series were based on the Alf Garnett ones, and were quite successful. Did the Yanks ever remake OFAH? I always felt that one would particularly appeal to American sensibilities and slot right into that whole American Dream narrative. They tried. Most recently with John Leguizamo and it’s was something Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted October 3, 2024 Members Posted October 3, 2024 2 hours ago, Carbomb said: Did the Yanks ever remake OFAH? I always felt that one would particularly appeal to American sensibilities and slot right into that whole American Dream narrative They tried and we had a bit of discussion about it here. I think @Chest Rockwellwatched some of the pilot and said it wasn't too bad. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.