wordsfromlee Posted January 14, 2025 Posted January 14, 2025 "Standing ovation to packed houses every night" - that packed house being his bedsit. Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 (edited) Cast your net wide and get the biggest audience you can! I imagine he just wipes off his face tattoos during the intermission & puts on his leather strides & ruffled shirt. Edited January 15, 2025 by Dead Mike Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 15, 2025 Moderators Posted January 15, 2025 Honestly amazed that rag n bone man tribute act is a thing. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 15, 2025 Posted January 15, 2025 1 hour ago, Dead Mike said: I imagine he just wipes off his face tattoos during the intermission & puts on his leather strides & ruffled shirt. This amused me as something he'd do every performance so I wanted to look him up. Sadly it looks like he usually has a Meat Loaf friend who must have said he'll do anything for love but he won't go to Crewe. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 1 hour ago, Dead Mike said: Cast your net wide and get the biggest audience you can! I imagine he just wipes off his face tattoos during the intermission & puts on his leather strides & ruffled shirt. A bunch of my mates went to see a triple-header of Korn, Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails tribute acts last month. I sacked it off and went to a pub up the road, as I don't like Korn, have seen the real Nine Inch Nails, and wouldn't want to be in the same room as someone who decided "Marilyn Manson impersonator" was a worthwhile career move in 2024. They joined me for a drink during the Manson act and went back for Korn, and told me that apart from the frontman it was the exact same band as the Nine Inch Nails act, just in different clobber. I suggested that if you find a Tribute Twiggy Ramirez, then I suppose you'd best make the most of him. They went back for Korn and, no surprises, it was the same line-up, only the guy who had been Trent Reznor in the Nine Inch Nails was back on vocals in a problematic wig. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 44 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: Honestly amazed that rag n bone man tribute act is a thing. There is a tribute band for everyone. Look at this dirt. I'd sooner tell people I was a murderer than make money as a Coldplay tribute band. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 Elvana is the only tribute band I’d consider paying for Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 Elvana are really good live! Caught them opening up for The Wildhearts 7 or 8 years ago and they were breally good fun. The correct answer to who is the only acceptable tribute band is Tragedy: An All Metal Bee Gees Tribute Act I mean I say "acceptable", they're sort of shit, but the whole thing is presented in a way that suggests the band are not unaware of that fact. Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted January 15, 2025 Posted January 15, 2025 I enjoyed Elvana when i went to see them in 2016 but when i saw them in 2017 the joke had very much worn thin and I left before the end. I used to like it when tribute bands had interesting and fun names that were puns or plays on words based on song titles and the like, these days most tribute bands just have the actual bands name and somethign like "The UK Chas and Dave" or "Status Quo UK" and so on, it really rankles when the band they are a tribute to where they put the UK thing on the end is already from the UK> come on, show a bit of initiative! San Offender is about the best of the current batch of names. Useless! going back to Elvana, they were a natural continuation of the work done by Dread Zeppelin, a Reggea Led Zeppelin covers band witha n Elvis impersonater frontman. Quote
Merzbow Posted January 15, 2025 Posted January 15, 2025 (edited) Elvana would be a personal hell for me, and I say that as someone who loves Nirvana. Tribute acts or should I say the local rock venue booking them in Cov is a big reason why we have a non existent metal scene, promotors kept offering them really good gigs but they'd rather play it easy and put on yet another Korn act. And it's not like it's exactly working, every year I see a post from the owners begging for donations. I know lots of venues are having awful trouble and are closing country wide but this place kinda has themselves to blame, plus there's some dodgy stuff going on that others in the city have told me. Edited January 15, 2025 by Merzbow Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 15, 2025 Moderators Posted January 15, 2025 (edited) 2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: sooner tell people I was a murderer than make money as a Coldplay tribute band. No disagreement on the quality of the music, but Coldplay are huge, so at least I understand where the demand is coming from. Rag n Bone Man is surely not an inaccessible superstar whose gig tickets are impossible to come by or crazy expensive..? Edited January 15, 2025 by Chest Rockwell Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 15, 2025 Members Posted January 15, 2025 Seeing The Smyths Saturday with my eldest and cannot wait. We'll never see the actual Smiths live and I won't see Morrisey so this really is the best thing for someone like her who absolutely loves them (and I do too) Told her that I'll embarrass the shit out of her but by being at the front and whirling flowers while screaming "Hang the DJ hang the DJ hang the DJ" and the look on her face alone was worth the ticket price. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Seeing The Smyths Saturday They’re great. I saw them in the Half Moon in Putney. It was rammed. I saw a cover band in the Dublin Castle in Camden that had come from America. They were called Stones n Roses and they were a Guns n Roses, Stone Roses and Rolling Stones cover band. Singer was dressed like Axl but sang like Ian Brown. It sounds way worse than it was. They were actually quite good. His Ian Brown is definitely better than actual Ian Brown live. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 13 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: No disagreement on the quality of the music, but Coldplay are huge, so at least I understand where the Germans is coming from. Rag n Bone Man is surely not an inaccessible superstar whose gig tickets are impossible to come by or crazy expensive..? I think that now as soon as someone has enough music that they are doing gigs a tribute act springs up. I'm sure that some are busier than others but they are all out there. I do think that if you find yourself going to see Tinier Tempah or Chasing Mumford you should have a word with yourself. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 15, 2025 Members Posted January 15, 2025 5 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: They’re great. I saw them in the Half Moon in Putney. It was rammed. Yeah I've seen them before in that very venue! T dubs > Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.