Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

6 hours ago, Surf Digby said:

Last time I went camping (with my own regular tent) the site had some of these "premium" bell tents with pretty much the same set up of air bed, fairy lights, rugs, and the people in them constantly moaned because the door was only held shut with duffels, so the wind would just rip through it. The heaters were pretty ineffective too because of how high they are in the centre.

Meat Loaf used to drink his own piss, and believed COVID was a hoax, and now he's dead, having spent his final years with a load of health problems. 

Fuck yes. The "community" is massively cult like, and I'm not entirely convinced that a lot of the influential figures aren't just out on the grift and will spout any old bollocks, that they don't believe themselves, just so long as the donations and Patreon subscriptions keep coming in.

Yeah I suppose people would go for the weekend just to believe they were in the company of fellow intellectuals for a weekend and where they can spew bollocks without getting any criticism.

I think at least half don't believe what they say, or at the very least not all of it. They probably believe some but need new content constantly so work on shit that is believable. People say they don't have a motive so tell the truth. Money is a pretty big motive.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

Yeah I suppose people would go for the weekend just to believe they were in the company of fellow intellectuals for a weekend and where they can spew bollocks without getting any criticism

I'm not sure how many would even want that, but maybe they won't realise until they get it. It's like why every attempt at a right-wing social media platform never really goes anywhere - for so many of these people, the appeal of having a platform is being able to shout at lefties and liberals, jump into people's mentions with a strawman and a "well, actually", and generally be confrontational bell-ends. The last thing that all but the most gullible of marks in that space want is to be surrounded by people who agree with them. 

That said, Allegedly Dave, Sovereign Pete and Tom Numbers are all incredible cat names.

• Paid Members
On 2/17/2024 at 8:00 PM, westlondonmist said:

Honestly, who the fuck is paying for this?

I probably would pay £25-30 at a theatre type venue.  When it said O2 on the poster I assumed it was the Indigo as a lot of acts will bill that as "playing the O2" but it is actually in the main arena with floor seats at £90.  You're not Beyonce lads.

spacer.png

What's he going to do, eat fish on stage?

This has jogged my memory that I once went to an evening with Bear Grylls event with my Dad, who loves that sort of shit.

It was rubbish. He ziplined onto the stage which to be fair was quite cool, but then most of the time just went on about God.

99% of the audience were scouts and the like, which made us stand out even more, and I can't really recall much else apart from there was some bug eating on stage, but it was bloody rubbish I do remember that, and incredibly boring.

Still, GBK in Richmond beforehand and my Dad enjoyed it, so swings and roundabouts. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

spacer.png

What's he going to do, eat fish on stage?

Based on that picture alone, I'd suggest he's about to release a swing covers album in time for Mothers Day.