CharlesTuckerTheThird Posted March 2, 2024 Posted March 2, 2024 I've just seen the trailer for the remake of The Crow. I'm a huge fan of the original and the trailer had done absolutely nothing to inspire any confidence that the remake will be as good or better. Quote
The Gaffer Posted March 2, 2024 Posted March 2, 2024 51 minutes ago, CharlesTuckerTheThird said: I've just seen the trailer for the remake of The Crow. I'm a huge fan of the original and the trailer had done absolutely nothing to inspire any confidence that the remake will be as good or better. Does this exist yet? I'm getting nothing. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 2, 2024 Posted March 2, 2024 24 minutes ago, The Gaffer said: Does this exist yet? I'm getting nothing. There's only fan edits and fake ones. They've only released images officially. Quote
BrodyGraham Posted March 2, 2024 Posted March 2, 2024 (edited) The hubbub over The Crow remake is fucking ridiculous. I loved the original when I was 16, but it's aged terribly, bears little relation to it's source material and pretty much exists solely as an awkward memorial to Brandon Lee. Does Skarsgard look a bit weird to me, a 43 year old man and not a moody teenager? Yes Garth. How does he look to the film's target market? Dunno Garth, ask the Goth kids down the park. One thing I do know is that Alex Proyas can fuck right off. Imagine mocking someone else's film when the last thing you did of consequence was Gods of Egypt. Get to fuck! Edited March 3, 2024 by BrodyGraham Quote
The Gaffer Posted March 2, 2024 Posted March 2, 2024 10 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said: The hubbub over The Crow remake is fucking ridiculous. I loved the original when I was 16, but it's aged terribly, bears little relation to it's source material and pretty much exists solely as an awkward memorial to Brandon Lee. Does Sarsgaard look a bit weird to me a 43 year old man and not a moody teenager? Yes Garth. How does he look to the film's target market? Dunno Garth, ask the Goth kids down the park. One thing I do know is that Alex Proyas can fuck right off. Imagine mocking someone else's film when the last thing you did of consequence was Gods of Egypt. Get to fuck! Definitely agree with you on Proyas and people having a laugh off Skarsgård's look probably missing that it's probably going to appeal to a younger generation. I still love The Crow though. It came out at the perfect time and perfect age for me and is pretty close to The Matrix in terms of being a stylistic, moody shit sandwich of everything I found cool at the time. Unlike The Matrix, it's admittedly aged horribly, but I'll always have a soft spot for it and think the atmosphere of it is still genuinely stunning in parts. It's also got that bit where mid-revenge on his girlfriend's killers, he takes some time out to play guitar solos on the roof of his gaf in the pissing rain for a bit. Quote
Merzbow Posted March 2, 2024 Posted March 2, 2024 The new look of The Crow is being mocked by the younger generation more than anyone, it's pure "how do you do, fellow kids" with a style that cloud rappers were doing a decade ago. Quote
CharlesTuckerTheThird Posted March 2, 2024 Posted March 2, 2024 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: There's only fan edits and fake ones. They've only released images officially. Fair enough, hold my hands up to that one, but my point is that The Crow doesn't need a remake, it's just another sign that Hollywood is becoming lazier and lazier. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted March 2, 2024 Posted March 2, 2024 Back in the shit old days of MSN Messenger, I had “it can’t rain all the time” from The Crow as a quote in my screen name because I thought it made me appear dark and mysterious. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 2, 2024 Members Posted March 2, 2024 I am certain that if I logged into my MSN Messenger my username or whatever it was would still be "XxXCuT My LiFe iNtO pIeCesxXx" Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 2, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 2, 2024 1 hour ago, CharlesTuckerTheThird said: Fair enough, hold my hands up to that one, but my point is that The Crow doesn't need a remake, it's just another sign that Hollywood is becoming lazier and lazier. Did you know The Wizard of Oz was a remake? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 3, 2024 Posted March 3, 2024 Yeah the "Hollywood is becoming lazy" narrative because of sequels/remakes is silly. Hollywood has always been lazy. Go back to the studio system and churning a bazillion Westerns out because they were quick and easy and all about the money. And yep sequels and remakes have been around for forever too. Quote
CharlesTuckerTheThird Posted March 3, 2024 Posted March 3, 2024 (edited) 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: Yeah the "Hollywood is becoming lazy" narrative because of sequels/remakes is silly. Hollywood has always been lazy. Go back to the studio system and churning a bazillion Westerns out because they were quick and easy and all about the money. And yep sequels and remakes have been around for forever too. I dunno, it just feels, to me at least, that if they wanted to do another Crow story, they could have done a sequel rather than rehash the original. And yes, I'm aware of the awful sequels. This franchise has had worse sequels than the Kim family. Edited March 3, 2024 by CharlesTuckerTheThird Remembered the Crow Sequels, sorry. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted March 3, 2024 Posted March 3, 2024 48 minutes ago, CharlesTuckerTheThird said: I dunno, it just feels, to me at least, that if they wanted to do another Crow story, they could have done a sequel rather than rehash the original. And yes, I'm aware of the awful sequels. This franchise has had worse sequels than the Kim family. It's not a rehash of the Brandon Lee movie though. It's a different take on the original comic book. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted March 3, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 3, 2024 Are they going to have the fucking bone cowboy in this one or whatever he's called? Quote
Mr_Danger Posted March 3, 2024 Posted March 3, 2024 The Crow has always been shit as has Spawn and Korn. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.