DavidB6937 Posted May 1, 2024 Posted May 1, 2024 Did Republica have hits? I only remember that one that was used on Sky Sports. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted May 1, 2024 Posted May 1, 2024 2 I can think of - Ready to Go and Drop Dead Gorgeous Quote
westlondonmist Posted May 1, 2024 Posted May 1, 2024 6 hours ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: 2 I can think of - Ready to Go and Drop Dead Gorgeous I would have thought generally they would only be on stage for 10-25 minutes each, so you probably don't need many really. I'd actually say out of all the bands on here I remember Republica best and I wasn't even a fan. I have vague recollections of the others. Although I don't remember a single Levellers songs they seem fairly high up on the poster. Was Power the singer for The La's? I suppose he could still belt out There She Goes and most people in the audience wouldn't care who actually sang it. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted May 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 1, 2024 11 minutes ago, westlondonmist said: Was Power the singer for The La's? I suppose he could still belt out There She Goes and most people in the audience wouldn't care who actually sang it. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted May 1, 2024 Posted May 1, 2024 11 minutes ago, westlondonmist said: Was Power the singer for The La's He was bass and backing vocals. 12 minutes ago, westlondonmist said: Although I don't remember a single Levellers songs You won’t find any in the Song Of The Day thread that’s for sure! Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 1, 2024 Moderators Posted May 1, 2024 44 minutes ago, westlondonmist said: 7 hours ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: 2 I can think of - Ready to Go and Drop Dead Gorgeous I would have thought generally they would only be on stage for 10-25 minutes each, so you probably don't need many really. I I assumed it was some kind of whatever the opposite of a super group is, and they'd all be on stage together performing each others' songs Quote
Keith Houchen Posted May 1, 2024 Posted May 1, 2024 5 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said: I assumed it was some kind of whatever the opposite of a super group is, and they'd all be on stage together performing each others' songs Fucking hell, Chest. You’ve somehow made it sound even worse. Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted May 1, 2024 Posted May 1, 2024 Thing is, that's exactly the kind of shit that will come up for a fiver on showfilmfirst and normally I'd have scoffed as the idea, but if I get the chance to see a dog's dinner of a britpop dregs supergoup I might be tempted out of morbid curiosity. Until that idea was floated I had less than no interest in that tour but now I'll be checking my emails every morning in case it comes up. And IF I get dog cheap tickets and the supergoup doesn't happen I'll be mighty miffed. Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted May 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 1, 2024 I have zero clue what goes through the minds of marketing people. Quote
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted May 1, 2024 Awards Moderator Posted May 1, 2024 Lee Mavers used to babysit me, not long before the Las made it big. Superb songwriter and musician, but he couldn’t keep away from the other gear. John Power took over with Cast and knocked out one brilliant album, one okay album and then it fell as flat as a witch’s tit. Last saw him in The Grapes with a tent on his back looking like he’d been run over by a tractor. Two very talented blokes, and the Las debut/only album is pivotal in British music. Sound if you don’t like Britpop, but their influence is undeniable. And yes, that apostrophe bothers me. Quote
Donald J Trump Posted May 1, 2024 Posted May 1, 2024 1 hour ago, Scratch said: I have zero clue what goes through the minds of marketing people. I might be in the minority here but what's going through the mind of Michael Owen? I know the answer is definitely money, but what's a former Ballon D'or winner doing in a Peacocks window? Unless they've broke the bank getting him on the books that's a hell of a coup for Peacocks. Sure, he's not Ginola, but you're not going to find many fashion conscious dreamboats shopping in Peacocks. It's people on a budget, and if their wives aren't buying their clobber the blokes will be middle aged cheapskates like me that used to watch TFI Friday. Not knocking Peacocks either. As someone who squirms paying more than £20 for any item of clothing I'm all for alternatives to getting rinsed. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted May 1, 2024 Posted May 1, 2024 I think you’re all forgetting how no fucker had even heard of Dubai, let alone wanted to go there until the Marketing Maestro put his colossal talent and exposure behind it. Revel in his majesty with some of his greatest hits. https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/15-cringeworthy-adverts-starring-michael-owen-asda-walkers-dubai Quote
Donald J Trump Posted May 1, 2024 Posted May 1, 2024 Christ. I didn't know he was this prolific. What a busy little fucker. Maybe it is Peacocks that are scraping the barrel. I wonder if I could book him just to make a few appearances on my behalf. Quote
deathrey Posted May 2, 2024 Posted May 2, 2024 I'd love to send Micheal Owen to work in my place for the day. He would make me look like a star employee Quote
Paid Members Scratch Posted May 4, 2024 Paid Members Posted May 4, 2024 (edited) Two twerps who I thought had gone away. Edited May 4, 2024 by Scratch Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.