Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

6 hours ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

2 I can think of - Ready to Go and Drop Dead Gorgeous

I would have thought generally they would only be on stage for 10-25 minutes each, so you probably don't need many really. I'd actually say out of all the bands on here I remember Republica best and I wasn't even a fan. I have vague recollections of the others. Although I don't remember a single Levellers songs they seem fairly high up on the poster. 

Was Power the singer for The La's? I suppose he could still belt out There She Goes and most people in the audience wouldn't care who actually sang it. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Was Power the singer for The La's? I suppose he could still belt out There She Goes and most people in the audience wouldn't care who actually sang it. 

20231026-204350.gif

11 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Was Power the singer for The La's

He was bass and backing vocals. 

12 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Although I don't remember a single Levellers songs

You won’t find any in the Song Of The Day thread that’s for sure!

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:
7 hours ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

2 I can think of - Ready to Go and Drop Dead Gorgeous

I would have thought generally they would only be on stage for 10-25 minutes each, so you probably don't need many really. I

I assumed it was some kind of whatever the opposite of a super group is, and they'd all be on stage together performing each others' songs

5 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I assumed it was some kind of whatever the opposite of a super group is, and they'd all be on stage together performing each others' songs

Fucking hell, Chest. You’ve somehow made it sound even worse. 

Thing is, that's exactly the kind of shit that will come up for a fiver on showfilmfirst and normally I'd have scoffed as the idea, but if I get the chance to see a dog's dinner of a britpop dregs supergoup I might be tempted out of morbid curiosity. Until that idea was floated I had less than no interest in that tour but now I'll be checking my emails every morning in case it comes up.

And IF I get dog cheap tickets and the supergoup doesn't happen I'll be mighty miffed.

• Awards Moderator

Lee Mavers used to babysit me, not long before the Las made it big. Superb songwriter and musician, but he couldn’t keep away from the other gear.

John Power took over with Cast and knocked out one brilliant album, one okay album and then it fell as flat as a witch’s tit.

Last saw him in The Grapes with a tent on his back looking like he’d been run over by a tractor.

Two very talented blokes, and the Las debut/only album is pivotal in British music. Sound if you don’t like Britpop, but their influence is undeniable.

And yes, that apostrophe bothers me.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

IMG_2298.thumb.jpeg.528c5c377661aab546d2ebe1fe9b9b6e.jpeg

I have zero clue what goes through the minds of marketing people.

I might be in the minority here but what's going through the mind of Michael Owen? I know the answer is definitely money, but what's a former Ballon D'or winner doing in a Peacocks window? Unless they've broke the bank getting him on the books that's a hell of a coup for Peacocks. Sure, he's not Ginola, but you're not going to find many fashion conscious dreamboats shopping in Peacocks. It's people on a budget, and if their wives aren't buying their clobber the blokes will be middle aged cheapskates like me that used to watch TFI Friday. Not knocking Peacocks either. As someone who squirms paying more than £20 for any item of clothing I'm all for alternatives to getting rinsed. 

I think you’re all forgetting how no fucker had even heard of Dubai, let alone wanted to go there until the Marketing Maestro put his colossal talent and exposure behind it. 

Revel in his majesty with some of his greatest hits. https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/15-cringeworthy-adverts-starring-michael-owen-asda-walkers-dubai