Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

14 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

This has jogged my memory that I once went to an evening with Bear Grylls event with my Dad, who loves that sort of shit.

It was rubbish. He ziplined onto the stage which to be fair was quite cool, but then most of the time just went on about God.

We went to that because we'd got some free tickets with a £3 booking fee from Show Film First. Ended up getting floor level seats where the tickets should have been £65 each and still felt ripped off. Like you say, zip lining, a bit where the special effect mountain wall malfunctioned so he mimed climbing up a rock face and yes, several references to our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ. The best bits were where he went off script to explain his miming skills and when he lit a fire near the sound desk with a boy scout.

26 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Based on that picture alone, I'd suggest he's about to release a swing covers album in time for Mothers Day.  

Speaking of...

71dXp5pNduL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Every year like clockwork he rises from the dead, this time with bloody Holland in tow.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I assume you've been discussing edits and on purpose double posts on your secret forum.

Just sad.

Slight tangent I appreciate, but whenever I hear that phrase, my brain immediately goes to...

alan-partridge-sad.gif

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

Speaking of...

71dXp5pNduL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Every year like clockwork he rises from the dead, this time with bloody Holland in tow.

They got announced at a night club in Kingston for Banquet Records. Got a second night due to overwhelming popular demand. Rod is still a draw. 

6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

spacer.png

What's he going to do, eat fish on stage?

This has jogged my memory that I once went to an evening with Bear Grylls event with my Dad, who loves that sort of shit.

It was rubbish. He ziplined onto the stage which to be fair was quite cool, but then most of the time just went on about God.

99% of the audience were scouts and the like, which made us stand out even more, and I can't really recall much else apart from there was some bug eating on stage, but it was bloody rubbish I do remember that, and incredibly boring.

Still, GBK in Richmond beforehand and my Dad enjoyed it, so swings and roundabouts. 

I've never really understood the evening with events. Paying 30 notes to listen  to a pre practiced interview and a few shit anecdotes. 

They must draw otherwise no cunt would do them. They must be fairly low risk too. As they must cost bugger all to stage so you'd never have to come even close to selling out.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I've never really understood the evening with events. Paying 30 notes to listen  to a pre practiced interview and a few shit anecdotes. 

They must draw otherwise no cunt would do them. They must be fairly low risk too. As they must cost bugger all to stage so you'd never have to come even close to selling out.

You are dismissing all stand up comedy then? All a stand up show is an evening with the comedian where they run through a few pre practiced anecdotes.