Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Pogue said:

That PPV was shite without the tragedy, depressing thing is there's probably people watching it on the network moaning that they've edited all the Owen bits out

I wouldn’t moan about it. But personally they should of left the Owen bits in there if they insist on having it on there to own their shitty behaviour. The correct decision is not to have it on there full stop. I’m sure the Benoit tribute Raw isn’t on there 

• Awards Moderator

The Benoit one isn’t on there, but instead of having no episode listed, they’ve got a highlight show of Wrestlemania matches against the date.

No doubt so they can continue to demonstrate the whole longest running weekly episodic shite without them referencing Benoit. They’re absolutely mental.

On 5/23/2020 at 6:57 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

The Benoit one isn’t on there, but instead of having no episode listed, they’ve got a highlight show of Wrestlemania matches against the date.

No doubt so they can continue to demonstrate the whole longest running weekly episodic shite without them referencing Benoit. They’re absolutely mental.

From what I remember, the Benoit tribute episode only ever aired once, which was the live showing. When replays were due to air, everyone knew what had happened, so the Mania compilation was screened instead for all the non-live shows over the world. 

On 5/23/2020 at 6:57 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

As said above, that WrestleMania thing is what they aired in the replay slots that week. In terms of the weekly episodic thing, I think there are a couple of weeks missing over the years anyway, from when Raw wasn’t on because of the dog show or whatever. 

• Paid Members
On 5/21/2020 at 9:50 PM, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

Indeed.

That warped way of thinking from that moronic post earlier in the thread i just can't get my head around. How anyone can look at Martha - not backing down and fighting a big company all the way to get some measure of justice for Owen, all the while bringing up two kids on her own to be seemingly well rounded people, going into and making success of careers and living their lives away from wrestling and then look at Benoits kid, his situation and mindset now. How anyone can look at both set of circumstances, condemn the former and feel good about the latter because David Benoit is still completely attached to and obsessed with wrestling. What in the fuck.

The kids were 7 and 3 at the time. Man. I was unaware of that until i watched this. All the respect in the world to Martha for how she handled things, frankly.

This kind of mindset is the worst part of wrestling fandom and makes it a bit embarssing to be associated with at times. 

The lot that embarass themselves and go way OTT in their defence of wrestling when someone will use a throwaway comment that its fake etc is bad enough. But nothing winds me up or perplexes me more than those who continue to desperately search for caveats and reasons to excuse/or deflect any of the blame from Chris Benoit simply because he was such a  boring cunt who'd never draw good technical wrestler and appealed to them.

I've wasted time having arguments on Facebook with weird bastards who simply can't separate their obsessive fandom and what they see on TV, with real life and general human decency.

It may well be that because wrestling has been looked down upon for so long that some develop a siege mentality, but as you said, its mind boggling how some aspects of it can be defended and, indeed, must be defended because someone from the outside world is being rightfully critical.

In fairness it does happen in other walks of life, e.g how Liverpool fans leapt to the defence of Suarez when he was criticised of racism, but it happens too much in wrestling for my liking and its no wonder why so many would prefer it remains as underground as possible and out of the mainstream.

Edited by garynysmon

I found this series to be brilliant. Martha and her children came across brilliantly, she is 100% right in that someone should be held to account and it should be answered. When we only pay attention to the stories of Owen not being in the hall of fame, whereas when we see it on the other side our opinions change. 

Wonder whether there will be another season? and what could be covered that isn't shackled by employees with WWE or not enough information. 

• Paid Members

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of too many they could do for a third series. Can’t see them touching the Ashley Massaro story and that would be a tough watch. Billy Jack Haynes could be one, I guess. Plenty of material to work with there. What else? The Sid/Arn Anderson incident maybe? One on Pillman? Dynamite? The ring boys sex scandal in 92? I guess there are some options. 

Edited by wandshogun09