Sign in to follow this  
SuperBacon

Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

I think Jesse Ventura could be an interesting episode. His issues with Vince McMahon and going into his political stint, would just be scratching the surface.

Quite a few I can think of, but do not know if they would be suitable for a full episode. Perhaps they could dedicate one epsiode to two or more stories, moving forward.

Edited by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz

Late getting to it but I listened to Martha Hart on Jericho’s podcast this morning. Like everyone’s said, she comes off really well. Didn’t pick up on any bitterness at all towards wrestling, wrestling fans and even when the fucked up Hart family came up she seems more sad than anything that the relationship with them went sour when they tried to sabotage the case. Not a hint of nastiness towards them, and if she wanted to have a pop at them she has every right. 

As sad as the whole story is and as hard to watch as the Dark Side episode was at times, in a way it was actually kind of uplifting. Martha’s interviews since the show have been nothing but a positive and it’s great to see their kids are doing well. The fact that both the kids seem so normal and are doing so good is a testament to Martha because they could’ve easily been fucked up for life from what happened and gone down a bad path.

I liked when Oje said in the episode something like “I’ll never let WWE put my Dad’s name on a piece of silver and say they got that”. When twats give Martha shit, they should remember that his kids don’t want him in the HOF either. Not that that would probably matter anyway. His legacy is being celebrated in a much more positive and useful way with the Owen Hart Foundation than it ever could from a meaningless gesture/PR move like the HOF induction. 

I think the mental health of wrestlers, especially those on the indies would make for a good episode. Dealing with the effects of fans overstepping their mark and causing real offence and things like wrestlers taking things too far.  I read on twitter a while ago that some wrestler turned up to a small show unadvertised but ended up cutting a promo on a guy in the ring and pulling a knife, totally unexpected causing serous issues for the guy who had no idea if it was a shoot or not. 

Sorry to ask, as I’m sure it’s already been answered, but how can I watch Season 2 in the UK? 

10 minutes ago, thicko said:

Sorry to ask, as I’m sure it’s already been answered, but how can I watch Season 2 in the UK? 

I watched them on YouTube.

On 5/29/2020 at 10:06 PM, thicko said:

Season 2 is now up on sky/now tv

I don’t think the Season 2 episodes are on Sky yet, are they? Just had a look and can only find Season 1 on there. This says the 8th as well;

Episodes 1-10 are on demand. Is that the complete S2 or more to come?

[minor comment] Watching 2-1 now. Jacques Rougeau looks he's still going and relatively healthy. Or he's got PCO's leftovers.

Edited by seph

There's going to be some "After Dark" shows as well, which look like follow ups to some of the episodes. 

2 hours ago, gmoney said:

There's going to be some "After Dark" shows as well, which look like follow ups to some of the episodes. 

They aren’t not worth watching, imo. They are from a different guy who knows very little about the subject. As I said easier the best bit from any of them was him asking new jack if a team of writers came up with his smw promos. At which point sandman laughs out loud 

On 5/29/2020 at 4:59 AM, The King Of Swing said:

An episode covering racial stereotyping in general would definitely be an interesting watch.

Race in wrestling feels inevitable to the point it would be a huge oversight if they weren’t to do this.

I would also like to see them cover sexual harassment or sexual discrimination in wrestling. During the Me Too movement there were a number of allegations made that simply did not get the attention they deserved. It would be a harrowing subject to cover and it certainly wouldn’t be an enjoyable watch, but if they don’t tackle this subject I’m not sure anyone ever will.

If they wanted to do this through the lens of one person, Ashley Massaro would make sense.

Edited by RedRooster