Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Episodes 1 and 3 of the Vice series Dark Side of The Ring are up on viceland.com

Episode 1 is pretty decent, not a massive amount of new info, but well worth a watch.

The Brody one is excellent. Although I knew part of the story, the full telling of it and clips from his career are mental.

I'm surprised WWE ever inducted Colon into the HOF after it.

15 hours ago, FUM said:

The Brody one is excellent. Although I knew part of the story, the full telling of it and clips from his career are mental.

I too enjoyed the Brody piece. Just a few random observations:

1, His son really looks like him. Not the wildman Brody, swinging a chain around. There is a b/w photo of Brody working in an office as a sports writer, on a typewriter and his son looks exactly the same as him in that photo.

2, It made me feel sad when his wife and son were pictured looking into Brody's open top coffin.

3, What an amazing collection of memorabilia the family had packed away in a unit and what a shame it was not displayed somewhere. Brody still has loads of fans on his facebook page and i personally would donate some of his belongings to his most loyal fans, so it could all be cherished, rather than be locked away in cardboard boxes.

4, How disgusting was it to work a storyline to get off with murder. The wrestlers were laughing and playing cards and pretended Brody had been stabbed by a fan outside the locker room and had stumbled back inside, before eventually an ambulance arrived to take him to hospital (not all of the wrestlers knew the truth of the stabbing in the shower by Gonzalez, so some thought it was nothing to do with "The Boys" and were being worked, but other knew exactly what had happened and were covering up for the attacker, while Brody was dying in the hospital and his blood was all over the dressing room).

5, Just a horribly sad story, but a very good documentary.

17 hours ago, FUM said:

They bought the wwc library and it was part of the deal! As we well know, when money is to be made, wwe has zero principles 

• Paid Members

I was going to watch the Randy Savage one, but the Hulkster was complaining about "half truths" on twitter, so once you get that kind of criticism from a former Pride fighter in the 1970s and a session musician that was once head hunted by messers Hetfield and Ulrich, I might give that one a miss. The credible voice in the room has spoken.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I was going to watch the Randy Savage one, but the Hulkster was complaining about "half truths" on twitter, so once you get that kind of criticism from a former Pride fighter in the 1970s and a session musician that was once head hunted by messers Hetfield and Ulrich, I might give that one a miss. The credible voice in the room has spoken.

I actually enjoyed Linda’s parts in the savage doc. The things she mentioned are the only things I hadn’t really heard before, like her helping with hair/make-up and traveling down to visiting them in Miami.

Now I know it’s a bunch of bollocks though. I’m just glad Hulk was able to set the record straight, clear up the half truths and provide the source and additional pictures we needed.

5/10.