Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Any idea how I can watch these? All three of my bowsers on PC and my PS4 just display a black screen on the Viceland site. Do I need a Firefox plugin or something?

EDIT - Sorted. I did indeed need a Firefox plugin.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

I didn't realise there was a thread for these. Good call. I've mentioned it elsewhere but the Montreal one is essential viewing just for Jim Cornette's story. Describing himself pitching the Sharpshooter spot, but never in a million years thinking it would happen, then shitting his pants when he saw it happening on the monitor and running out of the building, clocking the Hebners doing the same. So funny. Is this what Jim is like on his podcast? I thought he was just a miserable moaner? He was wildly entertaining here.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I didn't realise there was a thread for these. Good call. I've mentioned it elsewhere but the Montreal one is essential viewing just for Jim Cornette's story. Describing himself pitching the Sharpshooter spot, but never in a million years thinking it would happen, then shitting his pants when he saw it happening on the monitor and running out of the building, clocking the Hebners doing the same. So funny. Is this what Jim is like on his podcast? I thought he was just a miserable moaner? He was wildly entertaining here.

Listen to his Drive Thru show, it's pretty much just Jim answering questions on the old stuff he loves and was around. He leaves the moaning about Trump and modern wrestling to his other podcast.

On 4/20/2019 at 9:42 AM, DEF said:

Any idea how I can watch these? All three of my bowsers on PC and my PS4 just display a black screen on the Viceland site. Do I need a Firefox plugin or something?

EDIT - Sorted. I did indeed need a Firefox plugin.

What plugin did you use and do you have a link to download it?

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Dagr81 said:

What plugin did you use and do you have a link to download it?

In Firefox I just searched the plugins for a free VPN plugin and got the most Popular. Not sure off hand what it was though. Worked fine after that though.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Russo and Cornette both battling to take credit for the screwjob was hilarious. Doubly so because you have to reckon that these docs were also made with a casual, "I just watch Vice docs" audience in mind and yet Corny Vs. Russo - one of the most IWC tropes out there - still ends up being one of the dominant narratives of the thing that translates over to practically anyone viewing. 

Always thought it was Shawn, Vince, Trips and Gerald Brisco on the phone, nah? Shawn, for all his faults, tells it pretty convincingly in his book. Maybe Cornette came along parallel to that discussion with the actual methodology of how it would go in the ring. I remember Shawn saying that Patterson was left out of it because he was too much of a nice guy with both him and Bret, and it'd break him up. 

The re-enactment scenes are fucking brilliant, too. Reminded me of that old secrets of the ring stuff from years ago, where the reconstructions made wrestling look like two prohibition era gangsters hanging out under a bridge to plot their next moves. Smoke and shadows everywhere. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

8 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

I know this covers a lot of ground, but the press conference where they wheeled out a freshly brain-damaged Mike Von Erich to plug his return, while he's barely able to speak, is the grimmest thing that ever happened in wrestling.

So much of the tragedies of the Von Erich lies on Fritz shoulders. He just never let them be, he just kept pushing all of them.

I enjoyed the doc but it actually was rather 'lite' on the truth I thought, pretty much all of the Von Erichs were heavy drug users and drugs played a major part in most of their deaths.

These are fantastic, I’ve now watched Brody, Montreal and Von Erichs.. Currently watching match made in heaven and I must say that I loved Scott Halls line ‘If I was a chick I’d fuck Randy’ ha ha 

How good is Jake the Snake looking now... I think we should all do DDP Yoga if it makes that much of a difference 

Edited by Freddyjoe