Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

• Paid Members
On 4/30/2020 at 7:26 AM, Egg Shen said:

He explained that in the show, he said he didn't like it that it's audience were being lied too. It was also the kind of expose reporter he was.

By that standard, he should have also then at some point in his career done an in-depth investigation concerning Santa Claus.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

When people have a dig about wrestling being fake I just point out most the stuff I watch on tele is. Then when their guard is down I chop them in the chest to prove it’s real

It'll be the last time your Gran does that.

• Paid Members

Watched the David Schultz episode last night and I agree it was the best episode of the series so far. Despite the story being told a lot over the years and the episode not really revealing anything new, I love listening to Schultz so anything with him in I’m going to enjoy. The footage of his bounty hunting days was new to me so that was great. I’d like to see more of that. I love that Schultz is slowly turning into a Tennessee badass version of Billy Connolly in his advanced years as well.

Stossel is such a little weasel though. The bit near the end when he gets all brave and says “FUCK YOU, DAVID” or something, I was just hoping to hear a voice off camera go ‘well, you can tell him that if you like because he’s here tonight’ like a reunion on Oprah or something. Schultz walking in at that point would’ve been the best thing ever. Mansfield looks like human slime as well. Looks like what I imagine a maggot looks like if you put it under a microscope. But with a greasy ponytail and a cheap suit.

The Herb Abrams/UWF episode is tonight. Should be good. I’ve heard bits and pieces about Abrams and he seems...an interesting character. It’s the episode in the series where I know the least about the subject matter though so I’m really looking forward to it. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Moderators

Theres a load of the espn2 edits of fury hour smuahwd together on YouTube as well for free. Jonathan Plombon has also put up up rarities like the biscuits adverts and even better a reply to a viewer letter asking if Paul Ornddorff had killed himself. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Here he is putting 200 people in the 20000 MGM grand for a live TV special, and he's completely off his tits

Brilliant.

They could at least have done something about the swathes of empty seats from the third row back of the side facing the hard camera though! 

• Moderators

Was a top episode. Nothing really new on it but it's good to see Colonel Red now, the worst manager ever.  The episode is worth it just for this killer line from Brian Blair. 

"Herb died doing what he loved -Cocaine and Hookers." 

Edited by PowerButchi

Yeah, this was another really fun episode. I know very little about Abrams and the UWF so this was a nice little history lesson with some wild stories thrown in. It definitely sounds like it should be made into a miniseries or a film. 

Road Warriors next week and then Owen Hart the week after. Those will be pretty heavy, I'm sure. Hope they make a third series. 

• Paid Members

I hope at least some non wrestling fans are watching these. They're fantastic if you know the stuff but I think they're accessible, well made and interesting enough for the Netflix documentary type crowd too. They're certainly the highlight of the week for me, although that's no great compliment at the moment.

This silly shot of a tiny Vince getting crushed by a giant cowboy boot made me laugh.

Screenshot_20200506-140949_copy_640x360.png