Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

Obviously there was a lot of speculation to the motive behind the murder & the identity of the murderer? For me, it could have been a very simple reason why Bravo was killed? Perhaps if the Mafia were getting investigated, the best way to stop an investigation travelling upwards, towards the big boys is to cut the line of enquiry off.

It could have been a case of the Mafia not wanting Bravo being questioned & possibly spilling the beans. So the trail is dead (literally) & that could explain why he let the murderer into his house because in his eyes, he has done nothing wrong.

• Paid Members

Dont they all know what happened, but they just lip service their way through it because nobody wants a bullet in the head? Its fairly cut and dry what happened, but nobody wants to open the can of worms. He tried to undercut them (he's a wrestler, afterall) and they blew his head off. Rick Martel had the best idea. Just dont appear.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Rick Martel had the best idea. Just dont appear.

6DE3665D-D64F-4C2A-A26B-D1156FC1D2EB.gif

I think you’re spot on Ian. I think if it was something along the lines of what Mountevans said then they probably wouldn’t have blasted him so many times. That was a message. He’d tried to fuck them over and someone was letting it be known what the consequences are for that. Martel, Ray Rougeau, Pierre Oulette and that lot have spoken about it a bit in shoot interviews before and it’s always been roughly the same story of Dino trying to have them over on a huge shipment of cigarettes. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

For anyone who’s interested, here’s Rick Martel’s thoughts on what went down with Dino’s death. Skip to 1:13:00 if the time stamp doesn’t work;

And while I’m here, Ray Rougeau;

And Pierre Oulette;

Bit of a lighter episode this week, with no murder (attempted or otherwise). 

When I saw it was about the David Schultz/John Stossel incident I did wonder how they would string 45 minutes out of it but they did well and the episode was a breeze to watch. Stossel seems like quite the weasel who hasn't changed in over thirty years and Dr. D is still mental so hey. 

• Paid Members

What I don't get is why it was so important to Stotssal to get the truth about pro wrestling. Why was it so important that some people thought it was real? I had no sympathy for Stotssal at all. As for Shultz he's a total carny and I love it. Austin before Austin in lots of ways. I found the comparisons with how Hogan treated Richard Belzer very interesting too. Back to form this week after two episodes that did very little for me.