Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

• Paid Members

The YouTube ones are usually all fucked up as well. Skipping big chunks of it, going back a few minutes, picture zooming in and out. Had a right fuck about with the Schultz one especially. Ended up managing to see the whole thing in the end but had to watch bits of it from 3 different channels.  Every version I’ve found on YouTube is like this to some degree. 

20 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

If you don't when it's on Vice over here just don't say anything. 

So does anyone know when it will be on Vice over here?

My take on the post was that the person just wanted to watch the show. It's not like my suggestion was malicious.

Owen episode is a tough watch. Such a tragic waste of a life and incredibly painful for his wife & young children.

Scandalous the show went on. When you see the blood and the damage to the ring mat and think about the guys who had to go out and perform it's actually sick.

How could they even sit in gorilla and think, 'right next guys you're up' 

Not sure about that. Bit hard to speculate but I think falling 80 feet onto a hard surface, regardless if it was above the spring under the ring, would have likely been fatal. 

Another really good but very emotional episode. Had a tear in my eye watching it at times. It's not easy watching footage of him playing with his kids and talking to his wife. He clearly loved them all. 

Speaking of Martha, what a fucking hero she is, eh? 

Refused to let them get away with it and fought every step of the way. Should she fuck let them put Owen in the Hall of Fame or sell DVDs baring his likeness. Didn't she get a payout a few years ago when they released the Hart of Gold DVD? I hope so. 

His kids seem great, too, and I'm glad they're able to do the work that they are all currently doing in his name. That's the best tribute possible. 

Yeah I think Martha has definitely had a bad portrayal over the years in many ways. I completely get why she doesn't want to do the whole HOF thing and why should she? It doesn't mean anything. It'd be an empty offering from a company that did her husband wrong in so many ways. It doesn't legitimise his career or anything like that. His work is out there regardless of whether he has a stupid HOF entry or not, and she knows that. All of this should be up there with Vince's biggest regrets by far.

• Paid Members

This popped up as the thumbnail for the new "Wrestling with Paul" episode on YouTube. I bloody love this era Owen. Just bundles of fun. Massively over-analysed down the years about whether he could/should have been in that spot or more deserving of a better one (guilty as anyone) but all irrelevant. Just a bundle of fun in any spot.

image.png.779a778cfdbfaca7bdaf4dffc84722a9.png

What a shame it all is. I'm fucking ashamed of myself for ever watching again after this and all the other stuff that came to light. Even last night, I chucked royal Rumble 1990 on for a bit of light relief. How can this absolute cesspit of an industry be "light relief" for anyone? It always will be for me though and that conflicts me greatly.

4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

How can this absolute cesspit of an industry be "light relief" for anyone? It always will be for me though and that conflicts me greatly.

It's something that a lot of us go through I think. How do I walk away from something that I've watched consistently since the late 80s? It's my longest relationship with anything in my life, apart from maybe McNuggets, and even they have a side dish of guilt with them.

I know some do say 'well just don't watch it then' and yeah, it sounds easy.. but it's not.