Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

22 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

The state of that buckle clip. Like pewter.

image.png.b7f555f8b9c438dc0f70ba3a5e9f831f.png

Fuck! Not seen the episode yet but, seriously!?

It's crazy they thought 'Hey let's just do this on the cheap' when they were making so much money at the time and it was someone's life.
I still have Over the Edge on video. I don't think I've seen it since it aired but I remember the blood in the corner of the ring and the dent where he landed.
Just insane that thing was allowed to continue. 

• Moderators

That could've been a two-parter like Benoit, with all the stuff they didn't cover, like Raw is Owen or the fact they (supposedly) originally wanted Max Mini riding down on his back, but Owen said no. Vince comes off like Trump in that presser. "I don't like your tone, lady." What a scummy, horrible business. Although it's weird how it's become lore, even with his widow, that the blood in the ring was Owen's. Wasn't that from The Brood splattering someone during Sunday Night Heat before the PPV?

• Paid Members

Yeah, that clip of Vince complaining about the reporter's tone was depressing relevant to modern western politics.

I'm almost scared to go on Twitter after watching it. Surely there can't be anyone still wanting him to go into the WWE Hall of Fame after hearing his family's rationale? Those poor kids.

28 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I'm almost scared to go on Twitter after watching it. Surely there can't be anyone still wanting him to go into the WWE Hall of Fame after hearing his family's rationale? Those poor kids.

There will be, there always is. Usually it’s acommpanied by a well though out comment like “Martha should just get over it so that we can celebrate Owen’s career”, because ofcourse wrestling fans are the real victims in all of this

Seeing that clip of his harness was the shocker for me. It had always been put that Owen triggered the release early (clearly put out there for a reason) but holy shit, that's negligence beyond anything.

Such a sad story, not just the death but the actions of the family as well after. Vince being a massive dick is not surprise but the fact that members of the Harts were working against her is inexcusable. She elaborates on that in the Jericho podcast.

Glad his kids have done well. Mad how much his son looks like his Owen!

28 minutes ago, Grecian said:

Actually, tell a lie - there is blood, right on the apron. Think I was looking in the wrong place. It's pretty much under the ropes. 

I believe it was from Gangrel/Matt Hardy. Have never seen it but there was apparently an angle on Heat when The Brood gave the Hardys a blood bath so it may be from that.
I remember not noticing it until after Owen had died however. 

12 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

There will be, there always is. Usually it’s acommpanied by a well though out comment like “Martha should just get over it so that we can celebrate Owen’s career”, because ofcourse wrestling fans are the real victims in all of this

Yeah, I had a quick read this morning and there were a few depressing anti-Martha comments, although often followed up by well reasoned arguments from other people.

I think this has done her more good than harm overall thankfully.

5 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I believe it was from Gangrel/Matt Hardy. Have never seen it but there was apparently an angle on Heat when The Brood gave the Hardys a blood bath so it may be from that.
I remember not noticing it until after Owen had died however. 

The match was The Hardy Boyz vs. Blue Meanie/Goldust.

There's a bit after the match where The Hardyz & Michael Hayes are covered in Brood Blood outside the ring and Matt Hardy puts him arm on the apron and the "blood" ends up all over the ring and yeh it just so happens that's exactly where Owen landed.

• Paid Members

@WyattSheepMask Yeah, and we all know nobody can ever celebrate Owen’s career unless there’s a meaningless HOF induction from the company that sued his widow, with camera cuts to Big Show and Bruce Prichard crying and people shouting ‘THANKYOU OW-EN’ throughout Bret’s speech. We can’t watch Owen vs 123 Kid from 1994 until all that happens, obviously. 

I don’t get why some twats seem to really resent Martha for not wanting anything to do with it. First off, what difference would it even make to them whether he went in the HOF or not? They can still enjoy/relive his matches, he’s not in danger of his memory being forgotten and he’s talked about and celebrated every time anyone is asked about him. If his wife and kids don’t want it, they’re the ones that matter. The uncaring, matter of fact way Vince talked about it in that clip Ian posted, for that alone, I totally see why Martha doesn’t want anything to do with them.