Sign in to follow this  
Sonny Mustang

Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

The Fun House is the wacky stuff I've wanted WWE to do for years, and they massively exceeded whatever I'd imagined. If every Bray PPV match is even a 5-7 minute match piece like that they're going to finally have their next star. 

18 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

If every Bray PPV match is even a 5-7 minute match piece like that they're going to finally have their next star. 

It won’t be, and he won’t be. It was a fantastic culmination of circumstance and talent - there aren’t many he could have that kind of match with. Triple H and Undertaker for sure, but it seems unlikely.

When things are back to normal, Bray will be doing what he’s been doing for the last year, but that doesn’t take away from how special this match was. This WrestleMania will surely be the most meme-inspiring of all time.

The Fun House was fantastic. I never envisaged Bray taking Cena on a journey through time and space like that. Better than any match could've been for sure.

Glad Drew got his 'moment'. Hope he gets a long and dominating reign.

The Boneyard Match and The Funhouse made this event utterly worth it. Loved both of them.

Completely agree we need Sting/Taker in a Boneyard match next year. I want to see Sting buried and emerge with the blonde hair and mask facepaint. This shit books itself!

4 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

It won’t be, and he won’t be. It was a fantastic culmination of circumstance and talent - there aren’t many he could have that kind of match with. Triple H and Undertaker for sure, but it seems unlikely.

When things are back to normal, Bray will be doing what he’s been doing for the last year, but that doesn’t take away from how special this match was. This WrestleMania will surely be the most meme-inspiring of all time.

Yep, I don't doubt for one minute that service will have resumed to normal within months. Just wishful thinking. 

The boneyard match and firefly house match were very different from the norm, but also very different from each other. The boneyard match was ultimately an anything goes match outside with WWE movie effects. The firefly house was a crackers dream like when Bill & Ted go to hell and meet the reaper. It was an elaborate vignette.

I enjoyed them both for what they were. Just fun to watch. But I absolutely don’t want them to do it again. The ‘fun’ buzz was due to them being very different as concepts, not the actual matches with in the concepts.

If they do it again, then that buzz won’t be there for me as they’ll just be rehashing the concept. I don’t want to see the same stuff again with different people instead of AJ/Cena.

I’m all for using different people in different settings. Austin on his ranch or a bar, the Rock on a movie set, whatever, I’m cool with the concept as long as they are different. But I don’t want to see another firefly house or boneyard match again anytime soon.

Just for reference, I’m a massive, massive fan of the Hollywood backlot brawl. One of my favourite ever mania matches. 

6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

utterly baffled at the universal twitter praise that Fun House thing is getting

There's a theory going round that different people like different things.

Putting the quality of the show to the side....I quite liked Wrestlemania being 2 nights.  Hopefully they do that every year from now.

I thoroughly enjoyed the funhouse. Which is weird as I wasn't a massive fan of the boneyard. Might need to rewatch it. 

I particularly popped for bray singing the Bella's music and Cena roleplaying as heel Hogan. 

if the next stage of WWE is Full Sail Grad David Lynch with "symbolism" and Sons of Sons of Anarchy then it's a hard pass from me. As one-offs they might be a creative and amusing distraction (I didn't like them) but wrestling is a live art. If I want filmed fight scenes then I'll watch films.

That said Edge-Orton was so bad that it became the Kafka-esque nightmare than Wyatt was shooting for. Benoit Suicide references? My god. Axioms of taste destroyed.

1 hour ago, Winston said:

Glad Drew got his 'moment'.

I read that elsewhere this morning. I've seen the finish. It couldn't be less of a moment. It's like watching a doco on the guys training.

This being the culmination of the weekend, they should have had everyone possible dotted around the place. Just to generate that feeling of it being must see and some noise at the finish.

I had to go watch the Funhouse in full after reading the reviews. One of the strangest things I've ever seen. It was well done, don't get me wrong, but couldn't be any further from what wrestling is supposed to be. So for that reason, I don't love it but it definitely has its moment.

Finished watching it this morning. I'm rather glad im in isolation as trying to explain the funhouse to a non wrestling person would be hard. It was great fun but to have the Funhouse longer than both championship matches combined kind fo takes away the importance the title matches. 

Less said about the LMS the better but i was pleasantly surprised with Lynch/Basler. I would have had Basler go nuts after and choke Becky out to get the rematch 

Really enjoyed the Boneyard and Firefly Fun House stuff. The Fun House stuff was like Coop being stuck in the Black Lodge in Twin Peaks, loved it and surprised Vince signed off on that as it was very avant-garde.