Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

The Giant threw Hogan off the roof in the early 90s and  Hulk visited Vader’s lair in the Rockys. It’s not exactly an original thought, it’s just as with many things WWE has produced the best version of it.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Loki said:

The Giant threw Hogan off the roof in the early 90s and  Hulk visited Vader’s lair in the Rockys. It’s not exactly an original thought, it’s just as with many things WWE has produced the best version of it.

Hogan threw the Giant off the roof, and Sting went to the White Castle of Fear. 

5 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Hogan threw the Giant off the roof, and Sting went to the White Castle of Fear. 

What castle did Hogan go to with the “not not” fire?

I thought that Boneyard match was a load of tosh, but i've seen huge positive reviews across the board so I don't know, fair enough! I know there's an element of 'it's wrestling' so turning the camera on is an achievment in itself but I watched the whole thing and hit me like SyFy Channel original shite. It wasn't even fun like the Vampiro WCW match. No expectations of it being a laugh either because there's zero way Undertaker in 2020 is allowing 'A LAUGH' when he wants to play Sons Of Anarchy dress up. Fucking awful. AJ Styles having been CZW'd off a roof and that soft arsehole head to toe in his Las Vegas gear. Total shit I thought, sorry. Undertaker standing over AJ Styles asking him who his wife is before a big light show and motorbike ride - Utter shit.

No issue with people liking it, I just came off thinking it was last as fuck. Mark Calloway isn't cool, or tough. He never looks it. He's a sideshow. Every time he lifts the curtain it's like looking at someone with enough money to pretend they're what they want to tell everyone they are. He's got a team of accountants with his clobber and words ready to go. Really, really disappointing. He even did that punch drunk shit that's plagued the Wrestlemania matches he's been having for years too.

Rest of the show was a laugh overall, Bryan/Zayn and Owens/Rollins were great, liked the tag, skipped Goldberg because I honestly think he's worse than Nailz lads, i'm sorry.

Edited by Cannibal Man

• Paid Members

That Boneyard match was incredible. I absolutely loved it to bits. Exactly the kind of thing both WWE and AEW should be doing on these shows where they want some new content (mixed in with promo's, VT's and old footage). The rest of the card though? Didn't do a single thing for me. I haven't been able to watch these empty arena Raw and Smackdown shows, just the odd video clip of some promo's. It's just pointless. It doesn't work one iota. Fair play to Owens, Rollins, Morrison, the Uso brother and Kofi, they killed themselves trying, but even then it couldn't make it enjoyable.

It's been the first time since I started watching 24 years ago that I had no excitement for a WrestleMania, and yesterday, during the day, I genuinely forgot it was on this weekend until I was on YouTube last night and the pre-show came up as a suggestion. At that point though, I'm damn glad I watched this morning, for the Boneyard match alone.  Note perfect. Taker's look, the entrance, the movie like feel, it clicked on every level.

WWE Network on the other hand? Didn't work at all again, despite having my £9.99. During the show, when I wanted to watchwrestling, the WWE Network was the most buggy of any version of the show I could watch. They got cancelled again immediately. From they changed hosting companies, the Network has been the absolute shits. Worse than UFC Fight Pass was about three years ago, and it was the worst streaming platform I'd ever seen. 

Finger's crossed that Edge, Orton, Cena and Wyatt can produce something similar to Taker and Styles did last night, to carry the rest of the show.

• Paid Members

Sting vs Undertaker in a Boneyard match might actually happen next year. A semi-boneyard (oo-err) where it starts off at the yard and ends in the ring. There's no reason why you can put legends in these things and edit around the breather they'll need. I think WWE has stumbled upon something you will see a lot of over the next few years.

WrestleMania wasnt very good really. Not really the fault of anyone, but for me personally seeing it with no fans in a small stage just didnt get me buzzed. The Taker/Styles match, though, was pure madness and had that element that they could have done anything in it. So as a novelty it was pure theatre Got to end Mania with Cena and the Fiend now then. You cant really go from mad shite back to an empty arena.