Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sonny Mustang

Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Recommended Posts

It’s one year away, but never too early to start planning!

And who better to kick off the topic than the UKFFs Tampa bay resident- me! I moved here from the UK in 2012 so can give any tips on flights, the area, lodging what to do etc.

On paper I think it’s gonna be an amazing location, the arena and convention center are a few blocks apart (and likely wrestlecon hotel) and there’s a cool river walk with bars, restaurants and the like a stumbling distance away for pre/post show festivities. The stadium is a few miles out, but obviously only going there once and it’s very cool with a freakin’ pirate ship.

After the disappointing lack of mania feel in NYC this should be cracking. See you all there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already booked up an Airbnb in Ybor. £500 for five days (Thursday to Tuesday). Planning six days in Miami, five days in Tampa. Really excited. Did 28, 29 and 30 and have been dying to go back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping the venues of the various different indy shows will be a lot closer together than NYC this year.  While NYC public transport was good (meaning you could reach every show using it), the distance between the venues did mean long travel times.

 

What is the public transport going to be like in Tampa Bay Sonny?  Do you think it will be fine to be able to get across the city to all the various shows without a car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bbabba said:

I'm hoping the venues of the various different indy shows will be a lot closer together than NYC this year.  While NYC public transport was good (meaning you could reach every show using it), the distance between the venues did mean long travel times.

 

What is the public transport going to be like in Tampa Bay Sonny?  Do you think it will be fine to be able to get across the city to all the various shows without a car?

Can't give anything like as expert advice as Sonny given I've only spent one day of my life in Tampa, however, as far as I'm aware you've got a tram system that basically runs in a straight line from Ybor to the area where the arena and convention center is and a network of buses - and they look very awkward to use. From my very basic research, our travel is basically going to be done by foot and via tram and uber. 

RE venues, here's what we know so far:

Wrestlemania - Raymond James Stadium

Smackdown, HOF, NXT, Raw - Amalie Arena

Axxess - Tampa Convention Center

Evolve (plus whoever else is on their schedule - possibly WXW and Progress) - Bryan Glazer Family JCC

Wrestlecon are struggling to find a venue so I can see them ending up in Clearwater or St Petersburg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty standard arena  Riverside.  Tram stop right outside.  It's actually bigger than the Barclays Center in NY.  I went there for a Smackdown in 2013.  Really nice area around it though.  When it's full of wrestling fans that will be a really great atmosphere.

Hotel's booked.  Time off work is booked.  Can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to a hockey watch party right outside the arena tonight, they have a big party square so should be a great atmosphere! 

To follow on from AVM there is very little mass transit besides the tram and possibly city busses. But if you’re traveling within Tampa, Uber is very doable. Getting to st Pete or Clearwater might be more challenging but still doable (I live in Clearwater) by Uber- you’re looking at $30 - which is what I paid to get to pier 12 from another part of Brooklyn! 

depends where the indie venues are. Evolve have shows at the Orpheum in Ybor which you could get to on the tram or it’s just a few $ in an Uber but might want a bigger venue for mania weekend. All to be revealed! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sonny Mustang said:

I’m going to a hockey watch party right outside the arena tonight, they have a big party square so should be a great atmosphere! 

To follow on from AVM there is very little mass transit besides the tram and possibly city busses. But if you’re traveling within Tampa, Uber is very doable. Getting to st Pete or Clearwater might be more challenging but still doable (I live in Clearwater) by Uber- you’re looking at $30 - which is what I paid to get to pier 12 from another part of Brooklyn! 

depends where the indie venues are. Evolve have shows at the Orpheum in Ybor which you could get to on the tram or it’s just a few $ in an Uber but might want a bigger venue for mania weekend. All to be revealed! 

WWN have already announced they’re running at the Bryan Glazer Family JCC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really tempted to do this and it falls rather perfectly during Easter Holidays for my daughter, (may have to take her out for the last few days as last day of term is Friday April 3rd)

Fly in Thursday or Friday, bit of sightseeing for a few days, my Daughter is obsessed with Marine life and everything to do with the ocean etc so the Florida Aquarium seems perfect for her, Maybe NXT but if my wife doesn't fancy it i wont push it, Wrestlemania and Raw on Sunday and Monday, few days of activities

Travel to Orlando on Wednesday/Thursday for a few days at the parks for my Daughter who willl be 8 so perfect age and then Hopefully I can squeeze in a couple of days n Miami at the back end of the trip as Im a big US sports fan and all my teams are Miami based team so hope the Miami Marlins are at home and take in a baseball game or 2 or a Miami Heat Basketball game.

My wife didn't shoot me down when I suggest I might look into it so I think If i can present a nice detailed plan I can get her on board 

I went to Wrestlemania 26 in 2010 with my mate and had planned to make it a semi regular event (I did get lucky and squeezed in Extreme Rules on honeymoon 5 years ago in NY) but finances haven't really allowed a big Mania trip since but now with my daughter older and a bit more stable financially this could be the perfect time to do another one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have booked 2 weeks in Orlando, what is the travel like from Orlando to tampa?, I imagine there will be a fair few fans staying in Orlando so could look into putting a mini bus on to take us there and back, or not sure what price an uber would be for a long distance like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're the Disney end of Orlando then it's a 150 mile round trip so an Uber won't be cheap.  Even non-surge that's going to be ~$100 each way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

First time post so unsure if I am asking stuff thats been covered elsewhere.

Always dreamt of doing a wrestle mania and this one falls perfectly in that its in the school holidays so i can take the daughter and mania itself actually falls on my birthday.

Complete novice when it comes to this so whats best doing it all via the packages that are offered or trying to do it separately? 

any help would be greatly appreciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dan said:

Complete novice when it comes to this so whats best doing it all via the packages that are offered or trying to do it separately? 

I've only ever done the travel packages, which are definitely and clearly more expensive but also a much easier way to do it if you're going for the first time. Guarantees you tickets to the events and give you a fairly clear idea of where they'll be, plus sorts you out a hotel that you know will be a decent standard nearby. Not saying that's the 'better' option, but it's certainly the simpler one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...