Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

For anyone who’s planning or booked already - where about are you staying?  I’m struggling with hotels as the downtown ones are ridiculously expensive & everything else is out of town & doesn’t look great. Sonny has helped me out with a couple on Airbnb but I haven’t booked anything yet & because I’d be going on my own, I think I’d rather a hotel.

7 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

With SmackDown being on the Friday, something (Takeover or Hall of Fame) will be in Tampa on the Thursday, right? I'm trying to plan my trip from Orlando to Tampa and I'm not sure whether to go on the Thursday or Friday.

My hunch is that takeover will be Thursday. Folks will travel for that and the market for local nxt fans to sell out is huge. No ones arriving early for HOF.

22 hours ago, Sonny Mustang said:

My hunch is that takeover will be Thursday. Folks will travel for that and the market for local nxt fans to sell out is huge. No ones arriving early for HOF.

I disagree. I could see them having HOF on the Thursday, especially with NXT now being live on Wednesday. I just can’t picture them doing the go-home TV show then a Takeover event the following night

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested, wrestlecon location has been confirmed- live events will be at the ritz in ybor (which is the same as the  ritz in most northern British towns), whereas the convention will be at George Steinbrenner field - a baseball stadium, right next to raymond James. They’re 5-6 miles apart, so definitely lacks convenience of ones I’ve attended in the past - though you could Uber between them cheaply enough.  Surprised they didn’t use a hotel in downtown Tampa but I’m sure there were reasons. 

https://www.wrestlecon.com/

3 hours ago, Sonny Mustang said:

For those interested, wrestlecon location has been confirmed- live events will be at the ritz in ybor (which is the same as the  ritz in most northern British towns), whereas the convention will be at George Steinbrenner field - a baseball stadium, right next to raymond James. They’re 5-6 miles apart, so definitely lacks convenience of ones I’ve attended in the past - though you could Uber between them cheaply enough.  Surprised they didn’t use a hotel in downtown Tampa but I’m sure there were reasons. 

https://www.wrestlecon.com/

They've made it very clear over the past few years now that with every passing year WWE makes their life more and more difficult in terms of what venues they can approach.

5 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Are prices for flights likely to come down between now and WrestleMania? My girlfriend's coming with me now, but seats on my flight are double the price they were when I booked.

I take it the mrs wouldn’t be game to take a separate flight to give you more options? 

i think it’s all down to the value of the pound which may change significantLy depending on what happens over the next few weeks...(flights look super cheap to me in $)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 4:14 AM, Sonny Mustang said:

I take it the mrs wouldn’t be game to take a separate flight to give you more options? 

i think it’s all down to the value of the pound which may change significantLy depending on what happens over the next few weeks...(flights look super cheap to me in $)

Potentially, but it’d mean one of us waiting at the airport for hours. When I searched the other day, the (increased) price for my flight was the cheapest direct option now anyway.

17 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Here's my new problem - I get paid on the 15th of the month. Is there any significant downside to waiting for the day tickets go on sale? I've bought on the pre-sale days the last couple of times, I think.

I'm in the same situation, payday is 15th but I have holiday funds in the savings account but to transfer some to my main account requires me treking into the town centre and going to the bank (my 2 closest branches have both closed recently) 

So was also wondering if it's worth the hassle of doing that for the pre sale or just waiting until the Friday.

Only Mania I've done previously was 26 so not up to speed, I'm not looking for ringside or anything to extravagant more something centrally in the lower tier if possible.

What type of tickets tend to be available on pre sale? Is it only certain blocks available?