Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

25 minutes ago, Pinc said:

It was the most self indulgent bit of telly I can remember seeing. Like how all John Lennon’s songs in the 70s would just be about him and his wife and kids without any subtext, even using their names in the songs. But a lot worse because being in love and fathering children are fairly universal experiences, whereas John Cena’s wrestling career is just barmy subject matter for a piece of performance art like this.

Performance art? Fuuuuuck. At least you didn't call it wrestling :)

• Paid Members
On 4/8/2020 at 3:01 PM, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

The above seems to have been the general consensus from what i've seen. Which is understandable, The Funhouse was very insidery and was playing off a whole load of references that required some knowledge of the past 30 years of WWE. A 9 year old won't care about that and only knows one version of John Cena.

Exactly. You couldn't just show somebody it "cold". They'd have to really know their shit about the two people in it and a few old shows.

ADDED: They could use the small snippet of Animotion - "Obsession" but can't use it on their Network shows?

Where does the feud leave Cena now? I'll spoiler in case..

He looked absolutely emotionally spent. Cena always has great facial movement. He looked fucked. Is he done for good or does something happen again with him and Wyatt?

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

He's trapped inside the Funhouse forever, never to be seen again.*

Until they get a chance to show him on red carpets with Vin Diesel and forget all about that.

*I actually think it would be cool if they'd filmed a few seconds of John doing the old glass box mime routine then stuck that on a framed iPad and hung it on the wall in the Funhouse.

On 4/10/2020 at 6:34 PM, Briefcase said:

This seems to have gone under the radar but checked this out last night and I'm not sure what to think....bizarre! 

His insta has always been like that. Seems to be where he just fucks about online