Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

• Paid Members

The Boneyard match was superb. Nearly everything else felt flat. Im shocked they put so little effort in the production of the rest of the card.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, DEF said:

The Boneyard match was superb. Nearly everything else felt flat. Im shocked they put so little effort in the production of the rest of the card.

I guess they still have to be shooting it like a wrestling show, though. It certainly felt odd. Some of the finishes were dreadful. Eddie Graham would be spinning is his grave. 

• Paid Members

Tonight’s Firefly Fun House Match is is the ultimate difficult second album now. Being pre-taped, with WWE having no idea how positively the Boneyard Match was going to be received, imagine the disappointment if it’s just a regular hardcore match in the Performance Centre and not an equally ridiculous mini-movie?

Ultimately though, yeah, you would hope WWE have learnt some valuable lessons during this time. They’ve gotten themselves into such a rut where everyone wrestles the same and other than a change in participants every match feels no different from the last. Thinking outside the box and taking massive departures from their usual patterns and tropes was refreshing as fuck.

We’ll have to see how tonight goes but I think doing two three-hour shows for a Wrestlemania weekend is definitely the future, too. When the show ended last night I was actually excited and wanted to see more. The complete opposite to the usual seven to eight hour slog that leaves you exhausted.

Plus, I see no reason why they don’t mic up Jimmy Uso for all of his matches going forward. 

“Eat that! Eat that, Kofi! Flatten your face like a pancake boiiiiiii!”

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

WWE Network on the other hand? Didn't work at all again, despite having my £9.99. During the show, when I wanted to watchwrestling, the WWE Network was the most buggy of any version of the show I could watch. They got cancelled again immediately. From they changed hosting companies, the Network has been the absolute shits. Worse than UFC Fight Pass was about three years ago, and it was the worst streaming platform I'd ever seen. 

Watched live on the network. No issues whatsoever

• Paid Members

I have to believe there's some mass delusion going on here and WWE is so sterile and stale that anything they present differently gets rave reviews, because I'm with @Cannibal Man - that Boneyard match was pure Broken Hardy shite. It was like watching the Kickpuncher movies from Community. Dire.

Maybe I'm just a miserable fart though!

• Paid Members

I enjoyed it, but never want to watch it again. It was fever dream 2.30am viewing, where half the fun was wondering where the fuck they were going with it. It was no hokier than a "Buried Alive" match where there's a mini-graveyard plot on the side of the stage, and the best attempt WWE have made so far at "cinematic" wrestling - though that's the lowest of low bars.

There's stuff in there that will make highlight reels, and people will happily forget the rest. 

The Boneyard match was the best thing Taker has done in years. Can’t see how it would work if they did more than one of these on a single show or if it will flop next year when they have a proper event. 

Was so much better than everything else on the show, but it wouldn’t be as good in between actual matches. Got to feel bad for people like Baszler and Strowman who have had a career goal play out in the flattest way possible. Couldn’t imagine a shitter way for Strowman to win the title from Goldberg.

2 hours ago, Cannibal Man said:

I thought that Boneyard match was a load of tosh, but i've seen huge positive reviews across the board so I don't know, fair enough! I know there's an element of 'it's wrestling' so turning the camera on is an achievment in itself but I watched the whole thing and hit me like SyFy Channel original shite. It wasn't even fun like the Vampiro WCW match. No expectations of it being a laugh either because there's zero way Undertaker in 2020 is allowing 'A LAUGH' when he wants to play Sons Of Anarchy dress up. Fucking awful. AJ Styles having been CZW'd off a roof and that soft arsehole head to toe in his Las Vegas gear. Total shit I thought, sorry. Undertaker standing over AJ Styles asking him who his wife is before a big light show and motorbike ride - Utter shit.

No issue with people liking it, I just came off thinking it was last as fuck. Mark Calloway isn't cool, or tough. He never looks it. He's a sideshow. Every time he lifts the curtain it's like looking at someone with enough money to pretend they're what they want to tell everyone they are. He's got a team of accountants with his clobber and words ready to go. Really, really disappointing. He even did that punch drunk shit that's plagued the Wrestlemania matches he's been having for years too.

Rest of the show was a laugh overall, Bryan/Zayn and Owens/Rollins were great, liked the tag, skipped Goldberg because I honestly think he's worse than Nailz lads, i'm sorry.

It's not going to be for everyone. It was fun and I enjoyed it but it wasn't amazing like some say and I won't watch it again. If they have another in the future I don't think I would enjoy it as much. 

I totally agree about Undertaker not looking cool. That fucking hair, Jesus christ. 

I've watched the match twice now and loved it both times. Surprised to see some criticism of it. 

The rest wasn't bad but likelihood is I'll never be in the mood to rewatch any of it. 

It's done its job of having me up for tonight's show. 

Watched back the Boneyard sober just to be sure. It's still great. They looked cool as fuck. I'm sure being locked up is making me swoon over it even more but that's kind of the point!