Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

I just honestly can't see the Revival or whatever they're called and AJ looking cool in this, one looks like a jack of cards on a night out and the other two just have pure 'GIMP' about them at the best of times. Buried alive in shit with his hand poking out, breathing like a heavy wank with the other feller wanting to hear his wifes name. Undertakers gear was just so, so Kenny Powers. I don't know tbh, i'm glad people like it because it means AJ at least doesn't have a longer run of bollocks WM matches now. It's ceiling was Road House but it only hit Sharknado.

• Paid Members

I read a review this morning and saw mixed tweets about the Boneyard match. From the tone of the criticism, I logged on here with absolutely no doubt that it was going to have gone down a storm. Glad you lot are so predictable. 😂

I've only watched three clips from YouTube and it looks (and especially sounds) absolutely dreadful. Maybe need to see the whole thing.

It’s the sort of thing that under any other normal circumstances likely would have been shit on by most.  Considering the circumstances though, it was wonderful! Very much the type of thing and direction I hoped they may take for WrestleMania being in such a unique situation by going all Lucha Underground on us.

Steph introduces the show saying they want to help take our mind off what’s going on in the world. Everything else was the bleakest of reminders of it, but the Boneyard absolutely achieved that! Was grinning like a dickhead throughout and actually left me wanting more and excited for tonight.

Firefly Funhouse could be more of the same or could be absolutely awful. If they take the same approach Bray could be in his element with such a style and presentation. But still means it could go either way.

The show was mostly enjoyable, although I skipped Elias versus Corbin for obvious reasons. I'm not really sure what Rob Gronkowski is doing there. He retired from the NFL with over $50 million in the bank, so he's hardly desperate for the money. Give me even a tenth of that and I'll happily sit with my feet up drinking cocktails instead of looking like a bad Timmy Mallet tribute act. 

The main event was definitely a spectacle. Haven't been following any of the build-up so was confused why AJ kept calling him Mark (yes, I know that's his name before anyone rushes in to point out the glaringly obvious) and talking about the Dead Man, only for Taker to turn up in his Village People gear yet still doing hokey magic tricks associated with the Dead Man gimmick. I know the sun set on AJ's push a long time ago, but I'm not really sure why a 55 year old man is getting the better of AJ, Gallows, Anderson and whoever those people in the hooded robes were.

Such a strange show. 

The main event was utterly brilliant. Loved it. 

Can't help but think the rest of the show could have done with the same creativity. Get rid of the barricades and let Rollins and Owens brawl their way throughout the entire building. Show all the wrestlers rocking up at the arena and going straight through the building and into the ring. Have the ladders somewhere in the building and they have to go get them. 

Chucking loads of people at ringside for Zayn vs Bryan was a good move. One of the better matches because of all the stalling.

Shit like Elias vs. Corbin really doesn't need to be on these shows.

The first 90 minutes of Night 1 were so interminably bad I turned off and went to bed. The action did pick up when I resumed this evening thankfully but nothing mind blowing. I did however enjoy the effort to try something with the Boneyard match. It's nowhere near as good as some people are making out but it did make it seem like running this show at all was not a complete waste. I'm glad some people got a kick out of it though. Let's see what Night 2 brings....

The Undertaker definitely tele-ported.

Edited by Philjax

I said this earlier but AJ Styles came across much better being in character. I loved his heel work a few years ago 'The Champ That Runs The Camp' but he came across really well here and was the best I have seen him (character wise) as the cocky bad guy trying to put the old dog down. If WWE invested more time & effort in everyone having a persona the product would be in a much better place, the annoying thing is that he will probably revert to his normal type now which no one gives a shit about.

I watched the first match just to see what they've done with it. Granted, I've not been following WWE weekly for a while, but the first match being the women's tag match seemed like a pretty shit opener. Some big name or big stipulation would go some way to helping overcome the initial oddness of it being in front of no crowd. Then Baron Corbin came out and I went to sleep.

I got a message today saying to make sure to check out the main event because it's great and I'd seen a message in a group WhatsApp saying it was incredible. It didn't do it for me. I was a big fan of the Broken Matt Hardy stuff in TNA because it was so ridiculous and Matt Hardy is a laugh - and Jeff Hardy's acting is shite which makes it even funnier. Good on them for doing something different and stuff away from the ring - I think it's the right direction to do more of that both now and in general without a pandemic. Just didn't think it lived up to the hype. It seemed to be played too seriously - I know he teleports, there's pyro and druids but that's par for the course with Taker anyway.

18 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Right, just dropped a bit of LSD. Got some beers, couple gram, bottle of rum, Xannax and some DMT just in case. I am determined to enjoy Wrestlemania one way or another.

Cheers for letting us know.

Edited by Sphinx