Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

He had a blue lives matter shirt on for one of the interview segments, which changes this from a look at one of the more beloved wrestling characters of the modern era into a sad old cunt forcing a fucking horrible, far right piece of shit American movement onto anyone who sees it, so for me, I dunno I just can't be fucked one bit with that or him. Like the Boneyard, the curtain is too far back for me on the performer and character, and this time you can see his knob.

Edited by Cannibal Man

• Paid Members

A sentiment that's echoed on here, both directly and indirectly, is the obsession with shoehorning every single roster member onto the card. It just brings down the overall standard and tacks on filler matches that no-one is frothing at the mouth to see.

I can't fathom why they are on intent on following through with this when the roster is so big. In years gone by, even when the roster was much leaner, there were always a couple of upper mid carders that were left out.

• Paid Members
Just now, Snitsky's back acne said:

Pardon my ignorance, I know nothing about Blue Lives Matter.
Had a quick look and its about tougher sentences for people who kill police officers? Or have I misunderstood? Why is that bad? 

Having just read up about the movement, it reminds me of those in this country who obsess over causes such as "help for heroes" and the general glorification of the military. Its a front for something much more jingoistic and was set up as a counter to Black Lives Matter.

Make of that what you will.

• Paid Members

There was a point in the Edge/Orton match were I thought "I'm getting into this, this is good stuff" and then it went another 4 hours. 

I realised I didn't like the Boneyard match because it didn't have the daft comedy elements that the early Broken Hardy stuff did, it was more like Taker doing a piss poor  but dead serious Clint Eastwood impression in the middle of a load of shite. 

That Firefly Funhouse thing... I can't say I liked it either really. I liked that they tried something different, but it felt like a video game cutscene, and I always skip video game cutscenes. Bray does nothing for me either. 

Everything else was just nothing. A shouty, grunting void. I felt bad for all the performers because stripped of the crowd it highlighted what a ridiculous waste of time this all is. 

5 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Had a quick look and its about tougher sentences for people who kill police officers? Or have I misunderstood? Why is that bad? 

If you see a video on Facebook of police killing a black kid, the ones commenting “well they shouldn’t have resisted if they didn’t want to get shot” are the Blue Lives Matter lot.

It is a movement for bootlicking racists. 

8 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Having just read up about the movement, it reminds me of those in this country who obsess over causes such as "help for heroes" and the general glorification of the military. Its a front for something much more jingoistic and was set up as a counter to Black Lives Matter.

Sorry to derail the thread, but yeah this basically. An idea in and of itself not objectionable, but Blue Lives was formed in response to people of color having had enough of being killed for walking by bad, bad tits and starting Black Lives Matter

Edited by Cannibal Man

6 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Is 'Help for Heroes' bad? I'm out of touch!

I thought 'Blue Lives Matter' was like an 'Equal Rights for Smurfs' thing when I first read it.....

I I couldn't see where it was inherently bad from the couple of paragraphs I read on wiki [and I appreciate the source of the info when making that statement]..
I'm willing to accept it is if that's the general consensus it just reads, apart from the name, as a decent thing to support?

***EDIT***

Ah, I've seen a few more responses now. I get it. Yeah, that's not good.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

6 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

It was created as a kneejerk response to Black Lives Matter, a movement based in not wanting policemen to target, beat up, and kill young black men. To make out that policemen are the victims in this equation makes you (the figurative you, not you) , I am sad to report, a racist shitbulb. 

• Paid Members

I've only watched night 1 so far, and that Boneyard match is fucking terrible. As gmoney says, Taker seems to be doing his best Clint Eastwood impression at the start. All it was missing was the actual Orangutan to make the right turn. Then we went all Robson and Jerome as we went up on the roof. Throw in that at some point when he was laying in the grave Taker must have rolled a 20 as his teleportation spell worked really well. Absolute hokey bullshit of the highest order. Then at the end the good guy rode off into the night.